Round One: Slots

"Ture, I got a few questions."

"...that's weird."

Teresa was busy in the parlor at the moment. Some TV producer had come here, a proper 'intruder', looking to talk with Teresa... something about doing a show with her? Teresa agreed to consider it if he played a game with her first, which he found reasonable enough. He was screaming now, although it was more-or-less muted by the thick walls and door. More of an undertone, really, to "Six Shooter", as sung by Coyote Kisses.

Ratna sipped on a frothy micro-brewed beer.

"Why's it weird?"

"It's not weird. For you I mean. Weird for me." Ture scratched his chin. "I used to be the baby here. Asking the questions. I guess that was a long time ago, but I never thought I'd get to play the role of senior."

"Oh. Right. So is this... awkward...? Painful...?"

"Nah. Go for it."

There was a pounding on the parlor door. They both glanced at it for a moment, before locking eyes again. It stopped before long.

"Well let's kick this off, then. Where are my genitals?"

"Pfft. Yeah. That was my first question too," he recalled nostalgically. "But I dunno. Teresa just told me that if I ever got out of here they'd come back. I guess they didn't want to install a bathroom or anything so they just... take 'em off."

Ratna furrowed her brow. Her next drink was way longer.

"...you get kind of used to it."

"Right... well... okay, question two. Where do all these drinks come from?"

"The Boss."

"...and who's the Boss?"

"Fuck if I know. Teresa just told me it's not my business."

"What, does he just... deliver drinks to the door?"

"Oh. No, the whole bar just refills after a bit. Always when you're not looking. Look away for a second, turn back around..." he popped his lips, "...full."

"Sounds nice."

"It helps, yeah."

"So you can drink as much as you want."

"Yeah."

"But you don't pee it out."

"...no."

He was trying really hard to be nice here.

"So where does it go?"

"Look, if we're going to get along, you're gonna have to accept that I don't know a lot of shit and I don't care to either. And this is one of those things I really, really don't care about. I'm perfectly happy not thinking about it."

She took another sip.

"...wanna hear my theory?"

"We're not going to get along, are we?"

"So, obviously we're not exactly in human bodies anymore, it's not exactly like you can just snap off a vagina. And since I assume you've never been eviscerated, it means our insides are one big mystery. Could be anything in there."

Ture, looking her dead in the eye, stole her drink and started chugging it.

"So we're just big alcohol tankers. Every time we drink something it goes into the appropriate tank, and when it's time to refill the bottle, your boss just turns a valve and drains it right out of your asshole."