It's Been a While

Four entire years had passed since I last saw him, I went a full four years of not seeing him a single time. It was going too smoothly, I knew my luck would run out at some point. I ran into him in the worst imaginable way. Bumping in to your ex is never good and with my luck it's ten times worse than your average awkward encounter.

Picture this, I'm at the club, it's my 28th birthday ,I catch my current boyfriend grinding up some other girl so I storm off. In the midst of anger and fury I fail to look where I'm going and collide with someone, my drink gets emptied on their clothes, my trifling ass boyfriend catches up to me as soon as I lock eyes and realise who the person is.

My current mind state? Scanning the area for the quickest escape route.

"Ella," my name left the mouthes of two men.

My ex in a confused tone and my current well ex too now, in a frantic tone.

Pull it together Ella, we are not about to let this man see the shambles that has become of your life. See my ex boyfriend isn't just anyone, it's Jay freaking Park. Yes I dated the mega famous singer/song writer, dancer/b boy, two time CEO Jay Park. For an entire three years I thought I'd marry him till he broke up with me because of trust issues. We even got matching tattoos. I know , we became that couple.

After a heated argument we didn't ever reach out to clear the air, I managed to avoid him for four years which wasn't hard because we were both grinding. Bumping in to him at the club on my 28th birthday in LA was the last thing I'd ever expect.

See my birthday is on the first of January, New Year's Day so naturally everyone would be at the club. However, I'm based in London and he's based in South Korea. What are the odds?

I was not expecting Jay to be here especially right after I got in an argument with my current boyfriend. What rotten luck. To be truthful, I've been looking for any reason to end the relationship since it was just dead. I'm just mad that he had the audacity to present a reason on my whole ass birthday.

However, we move. I'm not about to embarrass myself in front of my ex.

"Oh my god Jay," I said in a high pitch, the usual fake tone you use with bitches you can't stand but you have to stay civil.

He looked good, he got bigger and I mean bigger as in he spent days in the gym. His arms were bulging out of the black t shirt he had on. His smile made my heart skip a beat, it was always my favourite part of him.

"Oh gosh I'm sorry....here." I said pulling out some tissues from my purse.

I almost forgot that I was now stood with an empty cup in hand, infront of a soaked Jay Park.

"It's cool, don't sweat it." He said taking the tissue out my hand.

"Who's this?" Leo, the fucking trifling ass fool said from behind me.

The audacious behaviour from this guy tonight is alarming. The only thing he's good for is his face, he's beautiful but just like every other male model he lacked personality. Just a pretty face and nothing else.

I mustered up the strength to act as if nothing happened and took a deep breath before responding.

"Oh this is..." I wasn't quite sure what to introduce him as. "an old friend." I decided it was best to say that to avoid any awkwardness.

"Jay this is my boyfriend, Leo, Leo this is Jay." I said introducing the two.

Not sure if it was the alcohol, the anger or the general pettiness that lived inside of me that made me handle this situation the way I'm handling it right now.