Eleven

"I'm not sure, haven't tried it yet." You both started eating the brownie ice cream mixture and everything was perfect. Until you heard a scream from upstairs.
"CONAN GET UP HERE RIGHT NOW YOU'RE GROUNDED!"

   Conan looked at you and put a finger over his lips. You didn't say a word as he slowly walked up the stairs. You heard his mom saying something about disrespect and Conan crying. You wanted to go up and comfort him but you knew it would just make it worse.
   "BUT I LOVE HER!" You heard Conan scream. You were confused and decided to go and lock yourself in the bathroom.
    You turned the fan on to disguise the screamed from outside you realized you had some ice cream on your face and wiped it off. You sat down against a wall and tucked your head into your knees. You heard the door creek open slightly and realized you hadn't closed it completely. You just stayed sitting.
   "FUCK YOU!" You heard Conan scream and heavy footsteps come downstairs. Conan cussed all the time around you but never around his parents. You heard footsteps coming back downstairs and Conan knocking on the bathroom.
   "Come in." You said. He walked in and shut the door behind him. He leaned against the wall and slipped down next to you. You looked up at his tear stained face. You let out a giggle and looked him deep in the eyes. His face was red form crying and yours probably was too.
   "Do you think i could maybe spend a cou-" you interrupted conan before he even finished his sentence.
   "You can stay at my place anytime Conan." You said. He smiled at you.
"I'll go grab some stuff and drive you home."
Conan said while pushing himself off the ground. He reached a hand out for you to grab.
"Come with me." You grabbed his hand and he pulled you up. The two of you walked back into his room.
He pulled some clothes from his drawers. Things he could wear over and over before needing a wash. He grabbed his book and toiletries and then y'all were off. He grabbed 2 drinks from the fridge while you got your bag from the living room.
"Can you go warm up the car? I need to do something." You nodded and he threw the keys at you and you caught them. You walked out and hopped in the driver side of his car. You stick the keys in and turned of the car. You got back out and went over to your side. You listened to the radio station it went to. He always had it playing ads because she always used Spotify. This time it was just the same. You turned off the radio and rolled down your window. You could hear crickets chirping and the trees shaking. It was dark and windy out.
Your thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door opening aggressively.
"I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" You heard Conan shout and a slam of the door. You rolled up your window and unlocked the car for Conan to get in. He jumped in and locked the car back up. He looked at you for a couple seconds before beginning to cry.
"Cona-" You began speaking before Conan interrupted you through he sobbing.
"I'm so sorry Y/n, we were supposed to have a fun movie night, this wasn't my plans." He looked you deep in the eyes. His hazel color melted into you and you felt a pig in your stomach.
"Conan, it's ok. Do you need me to drive because I can. You don't have to." You offered but he refused and played some music. It's was all slow and sad. You two sat in silence before he confessed something.
"Thank you, you've always been there for me even though I haven't been able to be there for you. You mean the world to me. I love you." Conan said while staring at the road. You looked at him but he kept facing forward. You were almost to your house
"Conan, I love you too. Your the most amazing person on the world and my bestfriend." He glimpsed at you before turning his head back to the road and grabbing onto your hand. He get cozy and correct. Like you were meant for him. He stopped right in front of your suburban two story house. The on that always was home. At least so you thought.

Time skip to y'all asking your parents for permission

"But mom! You know me and Conan wouldn't do anything. We've been best friends forever and you always used to let him sleepover! Please let him stay with us for a couple weeks. I'm begging you." You pleaded with your mom. You knew your dad definitely wouldn't like it but he wouldn't be able to do anything about it.
"I can pay rent, and for my food and water and car and gas and everything! You won't have to spend any money on me." He begged too. If she said no he was homeless.
"Conan!" You screamed before your mom abruptly stopped you.
"You can stay, but you have to pay us $1000 a month." She said, thinking he couldn't afford it. You looked at him with a shocked face.
"Do you use PayPal or Venmo?" He asked, you knew he didn't have enough to pay for that.
"Mom that's not fair! We are his only option." You tried so hard but he still had to pay. You ran to your room and slammed the door.

941 words