Unruly

Jack walks onto the neonatal unit after arriving from work, he walks over to here Isabella is situated and smiles happily at Nikki who looks completely exhausted and pale. He walks straight over to Nikki and hugs her, Nikki smiles tiredly and hugs him back. "How is she?" Jack asks as he pulls away from the hug and looks at his daughter lying in the incubator. 

"Still fighting, her heart rate has dropped a couple of times today, they're worried that she has... she has... septicemia, Jack," Nikki says attempting to fight off her tears.
Jack looks at Nikki and sits down beside her and pulls her close, he kisses her head gently and just holds her for a while as she cries helplessly into his chest. Jack wants to do something but is completely helpless also, he wishes he could just click his fingers and make Isabella well and completely well enough to be in Nikki's arms at home. 

Jack kisses Nikki's head again and rests his chin against her head, "They're just saying that though, aren't they? they haven't confirmed anything yet. And from your text message earlier it sounds like the antibiotics are kicking in" Jack replies trying to hold some solace. 
Nikki just nods and rests her head against Jack's shoulder and continues to watch Isabella like normal. "How has Emily been?" Nikki questions realising she hasn't seen much of her recently. 

"With Harry currently, I don't do teenagers very well but she is being horrible, the girl has no remorse" Jack replies causing Nikki to sit up and raise an eyebrow at him. "She just doesn't like the idea of us being together, I seriously think she wants us to break up so you can be with Harry... and play happy families" He informs to Nikki's dismay. 

Nikki rolls her eyes and huffs, She stands up and grabs her phone out of her handbag, "I'm going to call her... don't worry just for a chat, want to see what my unruly daughter has been up to" she responds. 

He nods and allows Nikki to leave the room to talk to Emily on the phone, she steps out into the corridor where she is allowed to use her phone and dials out Emily's number, it rings a few times before she answers. "Hello?" comes a voice that Nikki has never heard before. 

"Who is this? I'm after Emily..." Nikki replies.
"Hang on..." The voice replies, Nikki hears some noises before Emily's voice. 
"Hello? Mum?" Emily speaks. 
"Oh, Emily... where are you... I've just called for a chat" Nikki replies. 
"I'm at Courtney's house, hold on Mum... Courtney, I want some of that don't use it all!" Emily says but gets distracted and shouts to someone in the room with her. 
"Emily?! What is going on, who said you could go to someone's house, Jack said you were at your Dad's flat. What are you even doing there?" Nikki says pressing her daughter for questions. 
"Woah, Mum chill out this is well Awks... Dad is Gucci with it all. I'm just chilling with mates." 

Nikki thinks to herself for a moment and rolls her eyes as she starts to feel her patience fraying with her daughter. "Emily... speak properly please, I couldn't care less if you were 'chilling' with the queen of England Emily Joanna Alexander. Get yourself back to your Dad's now! You are Fourteen years of age... not twenty-One...!" Nikki grits her teeth and sits herself down on a bench outside the neonatal unit. 
"Woah Mum take a chill pill, it's all good, I told you Dad is cool with it... now, why don't you go swan back off to the child that you really care about and live me to lead my own life!" Emily snaps and then Nikki hears some of Emily's 'friends' begin to laugh in the background. 
"Emily! Just you wait until I see you, I will be revoking all your privileges..." Nikki huffs in a fit of rage, she spins around to see Jack stood behind her with his arms crossed looking at her raising an eyebrow, Nikki rolls her eyes and mouths ', Emily'. 

Jack steps forward and then snatches the phone off Nikki and listens to Emily's reply. "Oh yeah right, of course. You and, who's army?" She replies sarcastically, "try and stop me..." Emily laughs with some sarcasm in her voice. 

"Listen hear you spoilt brat, you will go home and you will hand over your phone and any other things we see fit to remove... don't ever talk to your Mum like that again, she's done the decent thing and took you in, Your Mum and I work hard to put food on the table for you and a roof over your head... not to mention we have given you a good school to go too, time to cut your Mum some slack Emily. Oh, and do me one more thing... cut your Mum some slack!" He replies before ending the call and handing the phone back to Nikki.

Nikki looks at Jack and smiles "Thank you" She replies slightly saddened by the way her daughter has spoken to her and treated her recently. 
"That should have shut her up now we have a tiny Isabella in there who needs our attention right now." Jack smiles making Nikki's heart flutter, he takes her hand and leads her back into the neonatal unit.