Jennie shook her head. “Sorry, guys.I think I should just go home...I’ll see you all tomorrow?”

The room emptied except for Lisa…and Jungkook, who was hanging by the door waiting for his girlfriend to come with him. Lisa looked hesitant to go without confirming that Jennie could indeed manage to walk to the door herself.

“Let me carry her,’ Jungkook offered, starting to walk to the bed.

“No,” Lisa protested quickly. “I’ll help her.”

Jungkook shrugged and moved back toward the door.

‘We never fight,’ is what Lisa had told Jennie, and it was strange to see that statement in action. She wrapped her arm around Lisa’s shoulder and stumbled toward the door to where her parents were waiting with arms open. All along Lisa’s arm was around her waist, tightly keeping her on the ground.

---------------------

The next day Jennie was sitting in her bedroom, staring at the ceiling. She really wasn’t supposed to do much of anything while she was resting, and it was driving her crazy not to be at practice or out with her friends.

There was a knock on the door. “Come in,” Jennie called out, expecting it to be one of her close friends. They had been visiting in and out all day, whenever they could.

Instead, it was one of Lisa’s close friends - Momo, another cheerleader who had spoken to Jennie plenty of times before but never showed any actual interest in becoming friends. “I’m sorry to hear about your injury,” Momo said sincerely, and handed Jennie a huge bouquet of flowers.

Flowers? It seemed a little strange to receive flowers from someone she barely knew. “Thank you,” Jennie brought the flowers to her nose and inhaled the sweet scent. “They’re beautiful.”

“You’re welcome.” Momo looked around the room. “Can you do anything fun?” she asked.

“Not really,” Jennie admitted. “I can’t watch television or look at anything with a bright light or focus on anything too intense for too long. I’ve been eating, sleeping and listening to music.”

Momo laughed. “Sounds like an exciting life. Good thing I brought some backup, then.”

Jennie raised her eyebrows curiously. “You have something fun to do?”

“Maybe a little childish, but fun and not too intense,” Momo promised. “Board games.”

“Perfect,” Jennie laughed.

--------------

“Who brought you the flowers?” Lisa asked the next day, after Momo’s second visit. Once Momo’s first bouquet of flowers and board game marathon was over, Jennie expected it to be the last. To her surprise, Momo showed up again with another set of board games and a vase of flowers.

“Momo,” Jennie told her. Lisa’s eyebrows furrowed and her eyes narrowed very slightly, just enough for Jennie to notice.

“Oh,” was all Lisa said. “I didn’t know you were friends.”

“We aren’t, really, but she’s spending time with me just to help me pass the hours, since I'm not doing anything.”

Silence filled the room. Jennie wasn’t sure what had Lisa so bothered, but it was clear that something had to do with the Momo situation that’s making her angry. In the midst of the silence Jennie yawned a little awkwardly.

“Do you want me to leave?” Lisa asked.

“No… but can you do me a favor, though? There’s a book on my desk...could you read from it?”