TWENTY-THREE.

Depuis le début

Harry comes through the front door, immediately falling down beside me. I had been sitting with Blue ever since we hung up. I didn't dare move.

"Oh, Blue." He softly says, petting her soft fur with his knuckles.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know who else to call and I realized it was stupid to call you but I was panicking and-"

"Soleil, it's alright. I wanted to come. I wouldn't have answered the phone if I didn't think this was important." He grabs me by the shoulders.

I nod, more tears falling down my cheeks.

"Okay, just um...just sit on the couch and I'll call you when I figure it out."

I don't argue, I just silently tread to the couch and sit down.

My heart is broken. I had lost my own daughter. Not to mention the last thing I had in common with Harry.

I'm finding it harder and harder to wrap my head around this. Blue is gone. So when I truly feel alone, I will be. She won't be there to curl up in my lap and make me feel better.

Harry returns to me after about twenty minutes. His hair's a mess and he has dirt all over his clothes and arms. He waves me over to follow him.

In my backyard, under the large tree, is a small grave. There's a picture of her on top.

I wipe the tears from my eyes and throw my arms around him tightly.

"Thank you." I whisper.

Harry rests his head onto mine, holding me. I stare at the small grave, feeling my heart crack in half.

"You should uh...you should go back home." I sniff, wiping my eyes and pulling away from him.

"Are you kidding? We just lost our daughter. I'm not leaving you alone."

I can't help but laugh through my tears. He's grinning at me as he wipes the wetness from my cheeks.

"What about Grace?" I question.

He shrugs, "She'll understand. If not, she'll have to."

We spend the rest of the night on the couch, watching a random movie we put on.

I glance over to Harry after some time. He's focused on the TV before us. Eyes locked with the actors on the screen that frankly weren't doing a too well of a job in my opinion.

He looks tired.

He notices my gaze and shoots me a smile. He sits up quick and turns his whole body so he's facing me.

"Guess what?" He pokes my arm.

"What?" I poke him back.

"I'm hosting this year's Met Gala with Lady Gaga and others."

My eyes grow wide in shock. I sometimes forget how successful he really is. And how proud of him I'll always be.

"Holy shit, H! That's amazing!"

"You're the first person I'm telling. But don't say a word, no one is supposed to know yet."

"Lips sealed." I promise.

"River's on the list. So I'll be seeing you there."

"If he chooses to have me there."

"He'd be a fool not to."

-

Harry leaves early the next morning. He slept in my guest room while I spent my night in my big, empty bed. River texted me late, wishing me a well sleep. I had told him about Blue and he promised to come home and help me feel better.

I get out of bed to see the guest room bed empty. He had gone before I had even woke up. I'm pretty sure he had things to do.

There's a note on the kitchen counter, beside a plate of pancakes.

I'm always a ring away.

H.

I grin and grab some syrup out of the fridge.

A knock on my door interrupts my breakfast. I expected Blue to come running alongside me to the door, but she didn't.

I think it's starting to hit me bad.

Behind the door is Blair. She's holding a small box with a ribbon on top and has a apologetic smile on her face.

I blankly stare at her.

"Can I come in?"

I silently pull the door open far enough for her to enter. I shut it behind me and follow her into the kitchen.

She's unwrapping the box to reveal macaroons.

"Flown in from Paris." She says, turning to me.

I cross my arms, "What are you doing here, Blair?"

"I said some things I shouldn't have. I know I hurt you and I'm so sorry, Mona. You're not weak. I get it. Being away from him is hard. I know how happy you are around him. I understand. I just hate seeing you so hurt over him especially after what he did."

"He's one of my best friends. He always has been. Even before things got messy. I can't just lose that." I tell her.

"I know. Which is why I'm apologizing. It's your life. I can't tell you how to live it. I'm just asking that you be careful. You guys are both seeing someone and it's dangerous. It's only a matter of time before you guys crack again."

"We're won't. I love River and he has feelings for...Grace."

Still leaves a bitter taste.

"Well, okay. I was wrong. I admit it."

I nod.

"I forgive you." I murmur.

Blair grins and throws her arms around me.

"Oh, I've missed you."

I laugh softly and hug her back.

"I missed you too."

**

It would be sort of foolish to NOT post the V-Day chapter on V-Day so double update!