Sunflower | 🇷🇺 x reader

Requested by _ImDatStupidArtist

----------

"Students quiet down"

The loud chatter of high school students began to decrease as they all made their way back to their arranged seats.

"Today we have a new student. Russia come in"

Right at sync with the teacher's call, a tall county made its way to the center of the room.

His flag consisted of a horizontal pattern of white, blue and red.

He looked oddly familiar to you, yet you couldn't seem to remember quite clearly.

His own appearance alone caused senseless mumbling throughout the classroom.

"Students, this is Russia, please do treat him correctly." the teacher introduced, motioning to the new student.

"Russia, you'll be seated behind Miss (L/n). Miss (L/n) kindly raise your hand"

Following the teacher's orders, you quietly raised your hand, gaining the attention of the new student.

His eyes seemed to widen at your sight. He lowered his head and silently made his way to his seat.

-------------

It was currently recess. You were with your friends, Canada, and America.

"Yo (Y/n), the new guy seemed stunned when he saw you earlier~" America teased, an idiotic smirk on his face.

"Oh shut it" you barked.

"Hey (Y/n), we're gonna head to the canteen, you coming?" Canada asked, slightly tilting his head.

"No thanks, I'll be at the rooftop" you politely declined, earning a shrug from America.

"Alright then, don't fall!" Canada joked as they made their way to the canteen.

----------

You leaned on the iron fence as your eyes traveled around the beautiful view.

The rooftop was your top spot. One reason was that it was quiet, another was the outstanding view you had from up here.

You took a sip from your juice box. Letting yourself cool down, not that the cold breeze that radiated the rooftop was enough to satisfy you.

"(Y/n)"

You flinched at the sound of your name being called out.

You turned around, only to be met with the new student.

"Hi, can I help you?" you asked, confused about the current situation.

'How does he know my name?' you thought, feeling slightly uneasy.

Both of you stayed silent for a couple of minutes, standing within each other in opposite directions.

"Do you remember me?" He asked, breaking the silence.

'What?'

"Sunflower" he called, your eyes widening to the sudden realization.

/////

"Hey (Y/n)! Hurry up will you!"

"W-..wait! Your walking to fast!" You panted, walking faster in order to reach your best friend's pace.

"Why are you so slow?" the little Russian chuckled, causing you to puff out your cheeks in irritation.

Your eyes landed on a perfect sunflower, gleaming with child-like amazement.

Russia followed your gaze as he tilted his head.

"You like sunflowers (Y/n)?"

"...Yes"

"Alright then! From now on, I'm going to call you sunflower!" he exclaimed, a bright smile shown on his face.

You giggled at your best friend's positive demeanor as you nod your head, showing your liking to the given nickname.

/-/-/

"Help!" you cried, struggling to escape from the masked man's grasp.

"Please help m-" you sentence cut short as the man wrapped a cloth around your mouth.

Fresh, hot tears streamed out your eyes, praying for any kind of help.

.....

"Russki..." you sobbed, hugging your knees.

It was cold, dark and dusty. You didn't know where you were.

All you wanted to do was go back home...

/////

"Russki..." you mumbled, as little pools of water began to form in your eyes.

Russia engulfed you in a warm hug, a smile on his lips.

You returned the hug, clinging closer to your childhood friend.

"I missed you"

-------------

This was certainly a very messy oneshot :P