Youth (David Rossi x Female Reader)

A/N: The reader is an older woman (Mid to late 50's!)

Retirement.
That word stung in your mouth like a violent curse. Your friends had been talking about it, retiring and watching their now grandkids grow up, and here you were giggling like an excited school girl about seeing your boyfriend. You ran a small bakery in Quantico, Virginia, and it was a quiet, well known place that brought a smile to your place.

"Hey (Y/N)?" Your boyfriend, David, a member of a dangerous team called the Behavioral Analysis Unit. "I'm thinking of retirement. For good this time." He mutters against your shoulder, arms wrapping around your waist as you roll out dough.

"What would you do with your time Davey? You'd be terribly bored without your 'kids'." You joked, turning around in his hold, facing him with a smile. He was still as handsome as ever, grey streaks becoming more patch-like as he grew older. You were head over heels for the older man, and even took a liking to his children and his grandchild. The two of you never married, but have been dating for a few years now, to your friend's dismay.

"I was thinking I'd help you out here, in the bakery. You could use an extra set of hands, and you know quite well that I am insanely talented with min-" You covered his mouth with a slight giggle, a gentle smile gracing your features.
"I would be honored if you worked here with me darling. It would make working those late nights just a bit better." You teased, placing a kiss to his nose. You then spun back around, returning to your job.
You had put on a playlist of your favorite songs, a small hum coming from you. You enjoyed these moments, your boyfriend's hands gently around your waist, gentle jazz music filling the bakery's oven room as you worked. It was a few songs later when your lover let out a near snort, a familiar Italian song filling the bakery.
"You know this was one of my favorites (Y/N)." He uses his hands as leverage and turns you back around to face him. You shake your head, your hands covered in flour and other baked good supplies. He takes your arms into his hands, placing them around his shoulders. He then returned his hands to their comfortable spot around your waist, gently swaying with the beat of the song.

"Still a charming dancer as always Rossi." You teased, another laugh escaping you as you spun around the tiled floors.
"Anything to make my Tesoro* happy." He chuckles before placing a gentle kiss against your mouth.
You two stayed in this swaying, loving embrace untill the song ended. You were blushing like a school girl again as David stroked his knuckles softly against your cheek.
"Are you really okay with me retiring? I'm not rushing you am I? Or making you feel as old as I am?" He checks, one of his brows raising in concern.
"Oh, David of course! You retiring doesn't mean I have too. If anything, I am more than thrilled. I love your job, and your team are like children of my own, but, god David there were days I was worried you weren't going to come home to me." You bravely took his hand into yours and kissed his knuckles.

"Well theres no need to worry anymore." He chuckles as a soft pink hue fills his cheeks. "I am all yours now my love, I plan to announce my offical retirement in three days." He places a gentle peck against your lips.

"However," He starts. "Being here with you, (Y/N), a gorgeous woman like you, who's managed to make me blush: you remind me of a time I missed, my youth. You make me the playboy teenager I once was, and I love it." David admits, slowly releasing you to finish your work.

"As long as young playboy you understands that my fine italian man is mine, I have no problem with young Rossi, oh! Maybe me and young Rossi can have a couple rounds.~" You tease returning to your work.

"Maybe." His phone then rings, it was Spencer. He looks at you sadly, and you shake your head. You place a loving kiss against his lips.
"Go save some lives my sweet Dolcezza*." You smile and wave him goodbye. It was going to be one of his last missions, yet, you knew how hard it was to say goodbye. You supported your boy through all of his choices, and with a small smile, you finish cutting out the cookie shapes before placing them into the fridge to proof overnight.

"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."
Franz Kafka.

*Tesoro: Italian word of endearment meaning "my treasure."

**Dolcezza: Italian Term meaning Sweetness

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG!!