To Interpret (Derek Morgan x Female Reader)

A/N: Before the one-shot begins, I want it to be warned that I wrote the R-slur once. I do not condone the usage of this word but for character reasons I had written it, it IS however censored, but I wanted to put a trigger warning, and I would like to preference that, you, the reader (Y/N) are a Sign Language interpreter assigned to an FBI case! That's it, let's go!

                Quantico, Virginia home base of the FBI headquarters, and the home of a new serial killer. The bull-pen was cluttered with new file cases as JJ led the team into a new discussion.

"Three people killed within two weeks of each other, first one white male: blonde and balding, John Magnus, forty-four, found bludgeoned with a blunt object against his head, right behind his left ear, and he was last seen at the gym. Second victim, Mexican, Juniper Wick, twenty-nine, her hair was dyed black, last seen leaving her work place as a secretary. She was also bludgeoned however, this time at the mouth, dislocating the jaw and breaking the cheekbones. Lastly, Thai man, Jared .R. Boon, nine teen last seen at a skateboard park in Quantico, found with his eye sockets smashed in, died within minutes after initial impact. Only common wounds were that each victim's hands were horribly deformed, or even sawed off." The blonde woman slid the pictures of the bodies to her team.

"Nearly matching M.O, but completely different socio-economic classes, clearly showing this isn't a hate crime against a certain race or gender. No signs of sexual assault, so either we have a sexual sadist, or someone who is just craving power. However, despite not being a hate crime, the post mortem destruction of the hands show that this was a personal attack." Spencer Reid, resident genius speaks up.

Prentiss shifted uncomfortably in her chair, "However, eyes, mouth and ears? Those are rather specific spots, almost replicating those 'hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, do no evil."

Morgan crossed his arms over his chest. Scanning his own eyes over the image. "What's the plan Hotch?"

"Spencer and Morgan, you head down to the morgue and check on final details of the bodies, Prentiss and JJ, you head out to the body retrieval sites, David, you're with me, and we are going to the places they were abducted." Hotchner stood from his seat. "Garcia, I need you to start working on a geological profile using your satellite maps."

"On it Hotch-Botch!" The excited woman headed back towards her bat cave, right after sending a few flirty comments towards Morgan.

"See you later baby girl." He then clambers into the SUV and starts the engine.

"I cannot tell if having a killer in Virginia is actually a blessing or a curse." Spencer joked. Long flights, of course, were a bore, but the team forgets that killers can exist even in their own town.

"It's a mixture of both pretty boy, more like a Blurse." Derek wits back. "Actually that's not a wor-" "Shut up Spence I know." Derek shakes his head as he parks outside.

Walking in both men adorn gloves before getting the updated autopsies from the coroner.

"John Magnus," The coroner starts, pulling out the drawer that holds his body, "Had a Cochlear implant on the ear that was smashed into his head, we ended up pulling out the broken implant pieces." The woman hands the bag of shattered metal to Morgan. Derek then looked to Spencer, "Pretty boy get Garcia on the phone." They then thanked the coroner and exited back the SUV,

"Goddess of technology and adorable fashion speaking." The familiar tone of Penelope rings through, a small smile crossing Derek's face. "Hey angel face, I need you to look into medical records of all three victims, did any of them go to audiologists?" There is a pregnant pause before Penelope speaks again. "Actually all three did, and all three were declared profoundly deaf, and our Johnny-Boy here ended up getting a Cochlear implant by age eleven by his parents." She spoke, her hands still going a mile a minute.