Chapter 9

Kaminari Pov

"What do I do Mr. Aizawa?" I asked, drying my eyes. "It's the law. I-we can't change it."

Aizawa hummed, "Yeah, I know. We might not be able to change it. But we can work around it." He sat in a chair next to my bed.

"How? I'm an unwanted child. I don't have legal guardians and-and that means I can't be a hero and-"

"Kaminari, slow down there kid." Aizawa patted me on the shoulder, glancing at my heart monitor.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. It's going to be fine. Just promise me you'll try to calm down. I already said we'll get through this together, right?"

"I-I know, it's just these thoughts, you know? I want to be a hero, I really do. I want to save people. I don't want anyone to go through what I had to go through. I don't want anyone to be scared of being in their home or-or to worry about when the next hits gonna come or the suffocating feeling of cigarette smoke or-"

"What?" Aizawa asked, shock evident in his voice. I froze.

"...I-I'm sorry. I was just rambling. Please forget what I said-"

"Kid, I can't ignore this. As my student, you're under my care, I have to know. When you were living in your old house. Did your da-past guardian ever...hit you or hurt you in any way?"

I stayed quiet. 'What am I gonna do? He-he's gonna look at me with those sympathetic eyes. He's gonna think that I'm disgusting. That I don't deserve to be a hero. What do I do? WhatWhatWhatWhatWhat-' I could my breathing speeding up.

"DENKI!" I snapped to attention, looking up at my teacher with panicked eyes. 'Oh, when did he stand up?' Both of his hands rested on my shoulders. He looked at me with a grounding look.
"Breathe with me ok?"
I nodded, shaking.

"Ok good."

I breathed with him, slowly coming back.

In

Out

In

Out

In

"It's ok kid, you don't have to answer that question. I'm sorry for asking so suddenly." He apologized, sitting back down, still keeping a close eye to my heart monitor.
But I didn't care. Because I knew he knew the answer anyways. He knew, and yet his eyes, they didn't show the pity I was expecting. The pity that I hated, despised.

He was angry.

There was silence between us.
"I believe in you kid. That you can become a hero. That you can save the people who are hurting behind closed doors." His voice was understanding. (Because little did Kaminari know, Aizawa understood where Kaminari was coming from. More then he wanted to admit.)

"But, how?" I asked desperately, "Without a guardian, I don't stand a chance-"

"How would you like to be adopted by me?"

——

Pov Bakugo

"Alright you nerds, we're gonna have a movie night and you're gonna enjoy it while you like it or not!" I announced, hands shoved in my pockets as avoided eye contact with the class with a scowl on my face.

"But why?" Mine asked. Looking at her face, it was as clear as day that she had been crying. I tsked, "Why the fuck do you care why?"
"But Kacchan-"
"Shut up nerd!"
"O-oh ok!"
"Now does anyone have any movie suggestions? If it's stupid I'm gonna kill you!" The class looked around. Now understanding the situation. 

"Oh! I'll get the snacks!" Momo clapped her hands, heading into the kitchen.
"I guess I can help." Jiro followed quickly.
"And Satoru can whip something delicious for us too!" The class invisible girl offered as said classmate smiled bashfully, now being dragged into the kitchen, not putting up much of a fight.
The rest of the class murmured amongst themselves, trying to grab that sense of normalcy again. (Even though they knew their class sunshine wasn't there.) But it was coming back, the feeling of family was slowly coming back. And the group of teens couldn't be gladder.

"What about the Little Mermaid?" Todoroki suggested, his face impassive despite suggesting a children's movie*.
"Why the fuck would we watch that?"
"Because at least Ariel doesn't take shit from her father."**
I blinked, for once speechless. I quickly recovered, however.
"Fine." I spat.
The class chuckled. And for some unknown reason, I felt relieved. I don't know why though and I didn't want to know. (But deep in my heart, I knew why.)
"Bakubro? Being nice? Impossible!" Sero laughed. I felt my left eye twitch.
"What was that soy sauce face? Wanna repeat that for the people in the back?" Slowly turning in his direction, a deadly aura escaping me. He screamed and ran behind Kirishima, who was now laughing loudly.
"Kiri! Protect me, bro!"
"Shitty hair step aside! Lest you want to die!" I screamed.
"Please refrain from using your quirks inside!" Iida ordered, chopping his arms wildly.
The class let out a laugh and the remaining tension that was struggling to hold on, let go of its grasp.

"DIE!"

——

Pov 3rd, Teacher's Lounge w/ Present Mic

The tired English teacher sighed to himself as a leaned back in his chair, rubbing his face. His usual hairstyle of slicking it back was now undone and down. Completed and uncompleted paperwork was scattered across his desk as he sat back up. 

"You holding up ok?" A voice came from the doorway. The blond turned towards the voice. It was Midnight.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm more worried about Shota then anything. You should've seen him. He was doubting his abilities as a teacher and a hero. I've never seen him like that before." Sighing again, he man spun back to his work, intending on just cleaning up for the night. Midnight hummed quietly, leaning again the door frame with crossed arms. She too was not in her hero costume, dressed casually and comfortably instead. She had been worried about Shota ever since she got the news about what had happened to one of his students, but she can now see how it wasn't only affecting the class and Shota. And it was evident in Hizashi's tired eyes.

"Did you hear yet?" She asked, curious. The thought flashing into her mind.

"About what?"

"That Shota plans on adopting Kaminari Denki." 

There was a loud crash as the voice hero fell out of his chair.

"WHAT?"

"I'll take that as a no, then."

-----Notes

* I know anyone can watch this movie and that it's not just a kid's movie because I really like this movie too!

** I got this part of the story from some fanart I saw online and I really thought it would suit this situation! XD

And there! A new chapter! I am so sorry for the wait! I hurt my hand pretty bad and couldn't type that well at all! It was really bad and without it being too graphic, I pretty much ripped the nail to my thumb off T-T

Ok! Anyways! There isn't really anything I need to say so I guess we'll keep this note short and sweet! Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all next time! I'll try to stay on schedule next time since I know I haven't been following it that well. T-T Thank you for your continued support!

Tata~!