3 more groups perform and then it’s our time to shine.

**

*Beca’s POV*

After our performance I want to talk to Rheed, but of course, I can’t find him. 

“Are you really that surprised?” Shannon says just loudly enough for me to hear.

“Excuse me?” 

She stands up. “Well, come on Beca, you so led him on, even before you broke up with Jesse. You let him console you, look after you and get fucking beat up by your ex boyfriend at the time. You kiss him, as a way of thanking him right before you get back together with the guy who cheated on you. And now you wonder why he doesn't want to talk to you?” 

“That shit’s messed up.” Fat Amy mutters. 

I wheel around and slowly look at the Bellas. None of them will meet my eye, except for Shannon that is. “Is that what you guys think? That I’m a bitch?”

They don’t say anything. 

“Look.” Stacie says. “Let’s talk about it later, come on the Sonics are about to start.”

I wasn’t aware how silent the room had gotten. Great, always at the centre of attention. “Fine.” I say sitting down. 

“Hey there.” Someone places their hands over my eyes. 

“Oh, hey Jesse.” 

He’s here with Noel and Benji. 

“How’d you guys get in?”

“Bribed the security guard.” He plops down beside me. “Let’s see how they go!” He nods at the tv. 

Rheed: When I'm lying in her arms, I'll be thinking about you
I'll be thinking about you, I'll be thinking about you
Even when she smiles, I'll be thinking about you
I'll be thinking about you, I'll be thinking about you

Even when I look discretely down into her eyes

You know I'm thinking about that time I spent between your thighs

Even then I wondered deeply through your glances

This girl will never care

Maybe 5 minutes ago I would’ve sworn Rheed was singing about me. Now? I’m almost certain it’s Shannon.

Connor: When I'm lying in her arms, I'll be thinking about you

I'll be thinking about you, I'll be thinking about you

Even when she cries, I'll be thinking about you