Sayori

I cleaned the rest of the blood from my face and stared at my reflection in the mirror, nothing seemed out of place but I could feel the sadness pulling my heart from my chest. I don't understand, why is it happening now? I enjoy my time at the club, with Monika so why do I feel so sad? Was it just me being selfish and not appreciating what I had right now? I couldn't tell you what was even going through my mind, the anxiety was bubbling up like a sudsy soap yet the bubbles it made were unpoppable, doomed to float forever until they were lost in the space of my mind; I don't think you'd want to hear my thoughts anyways, they're kinda depressing and I wouldn't want to be that person would I? The one who always complains even though I have so many good things in life, I know people don't typically understand that at all and I don't blame them because I don't even understand it myself.

Sorry, I'm going on a tangent aren't I? I'll stop that now, I'm sure you don't want to hear it.

My head was starting to feel fuzzy again. I dried my face with a tissue, threw it away and headed back to the club room. Monika walked over to me and placed a piece of paper in my hands.

"Tell me what you think," she said.

I began to read.

Pixel

A small glitch can cause problems.

The programme fails

A syntax error

A python slipping around my neck

Protecting

Attacking

Killing

Change a few codes

It's all fixed.

But a program it never without its faults.

I looked up at her and smiled. This one makes a little more sense than the last. I know that Python is a programming thing (I wasn't exactly sure, I didn't pay attention in computing classes) but it took an interesting turn,

"So?"

"It's interesting, I understand what it means but that's just the outside layer. It's seems more complex than it looks."

Monika smiled.

"It's a compliment."

"Okay, that's good, thanks," she said.

"No problem."

We stood there awkwardly, not sure what to do or say. She opened her mouth a few times but closed it instantly. My heart was beating faster than usual but I didn't know why. I wonder what she's thinking.