Around Town

CAMMIE POV

"Alright class, today we will be going into town. But this isn't a vacation, we will be practicing our covert skills" Mr. Steve says as Joe glares at him

"Covert skills?" Joe asks

"Yes, why is there a problem?"

"Nothing" Joe mutters like a ten year old who didn't get their way, I almost laugh when he crosses his arms.

"Excellent" Mr. Steve finishes the dispute.

"Does he say Excellent after every sentence?" Bex asks me quietly but I don't get a chance to answer her because Zach jumps in.

"Pretty much, it drives me insane" he whispers back

"Well, that makes three of us" I whisper

"What are covert skills anyway?" Macy asks

"Not sure, but I think he meant stealth. We could be on a trailing mission. Kinda like the one in DC" Grant responds

"You mean when we whooped your butts? Easy enough" Bex says with a smirk on her face

"To be fair We weren't expecting girls" Nick comments.

Honestly, how stupid is he?

"What's wrong with girls?" Bex asks as she is clearly offended.... Here we go....

"N-nothing, it was just a surprise, that's all" Nick replies, his voice barely braking.

"You have to be ready for anything in this business boys, otherwise you can say goodbye to your head" Macy scoffs

"They have a point......." Zach mumbles before Grant can protest.

"Alright students, go get dressed in casual clothes" Mr.Steve says and all the students present went to their rooms.

Macy kept insisting to get me dressed but I refused. I needed to look common, not attract attention, but at the same time I need to make sure it doesn't look like I want attention.

Bex finally gets Macy to back down after convincing her that this is my area of expertise when it comes to occasions in which you have to dress up for.(or dress down, in a manner of speaking)

I put on a blue and green plaid shirt with a white tank underneath and leave the shirt unbuttoned, I slip into some faded boot cut denim jeans and put on some blue converse.

I pull my hair into a causal ponytail and put on some light make up.

I grab my over the shoulder patchwork messenger bag (that's reversible) and slip in some sunglasses and a plain black sweater I can change into if need be. I also put a travel brush in there for emergency purposes, I mean I don't want to look like I've just changed clothes now do I?

I look at myself and the mirror and smile in approval.

Although most of the time I wouldn't bother with a change of clothes, but these guys will have a chance to study what I'm wearing before the assignment starts, and if they are even half of what Gallagher is. They'll have it down pat.

And they will be targeting me no doubt, everyone wants to beat the chameleon.

I grab my black baseball cap that is lace and has sparkles on it and place it in my bag with the rest of my alternative choice of clothing.

I also put in a pair of black flats.

If I miss one detail, they could spot me.

Most enemies don't get a chance to study their rival before the hide and seek game, and that is going to make this harder. Extremely harder, and I need to prove to them I'm not some phony girl who took a name to big for her worth.