Her Name Is Virginia // Parkers + Starks

Start from the beginning

"Why would Ben do that?" he asked, confused, with tears in his eyes.

"I really don't know, sweetie, I'm sorry."

"Is it okay to be mad at him right now?"

"Yes. I loved him, but I never forgave him that. He had no right to do that."

Peter wanted to say something, but the phone's ring cut him off.

"This is Happy, I have to go. Will you tell me who my mom is?"

"No, but you know her. You'll figure it out," she said with a smile and kissed his hair before returning to her book and Peter left.

 You'll figure it out," she said with a smile and kissed his hair before returning to her book and Peter left

"Mr. Stark? Where are we going?" Peter asked as they left the lab.

"Eat, and before you say you're not hungry, I'll tell you that I've been listening to your belly for the last twenty minutes to say otherwise," he said annoyed.

"Oh, okay. But I can go just home, you know?"

"Or, we can eat and then continue working."

"Yeah, that sounds better."

"I invited the kid if you don't mind, Pepper," Tony said as they reached the kitchen where Pepper was preparing dinner.

"No problem," she said, still turning her back to them as she finished the salad.

Peter began to panic. He hasn't met Pepper Potts in person yet, and now is he supposed to have dinner with her right at her home? That sounded like a lot of opportunities to embarrass himself. He began to prepare what he should say, but it all disappeared when Miss Potts finally turned to them, with the bowl in her hand, which immediately ended on the ground when her eyes saw Peter.

"Well, I don't have to eat vegetables anyway," Mr. Stark joked believing it was just an accident, but when his fiancée was still looking at Peter now, with tears in his eyes, he realized something was wrong.

"Is everything okay?" Peter asked nervously, his eyes wandering all over the room. It made him rude to stare at Miss Potts when she was obviously upset about something. Coincidentally, his eyes landed on papers on the table, Miss Potts probably worked before going to cook. There was nothing extra on the papers, so he moved on. There was a bag on the chair and the badge was looking from it. There was a picture of Miss Potts, but Peter was more interested in the name.

Virginia Potts.

He looked at Miss Potts again, then back at the badge. That couldn't be it, could it?

Her name is Virginia, but I haven't heard anyone call her that in my life.

"I should probably go," he blurted, and before anyone could say something he was gone. Tony watched him until he disappeared into the elevator, then turned his attention back to Pepper.