PARANORMAL RESULTS !!

PARANORMAL RESULTS

Super fast (and detailed) results by the super fast judge raymac_eric.

1st place:

Breeder, gtgrandom

Review:
" First of all, I need to start off by acknowledging how fantastic the author is at world building. That aspect almost blew my socks off (even though I wasn't wearing any when judging this haha). But at the end of the day, no matter what is said and done, Breeder is a book that knows how to capture and hold a reader's attention with its intricate storytelling and phenomenal plotline. I was amazed by how easily I flew through the chapters and not be entirely conscious of it. My only concern is that in the pursuit of having a magnificent world and storyline, the author took less time with the character development. Alex is our MC and she is endearing with all her qualities, but not much is said about Nova, whom I found as intriguing as Alex to be honest. Frost and Mason were a good duo to be jointly introduced. I like Will a lot though, he's character is that even balance you need in a world like this one, what with Mason's arrogance and Frost's 'no-nonsense' attitude. Anyway, it was just 2 cents from me and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I feel this needs all the attention it can be afforded by a reader, and a book is always good if it can command that level of attention. "

2nd place:

Undone, MarinaM56

Review:
" I love it in Paranormal stories where it the simple things that turn to be spooky as hell. Undine seems to excel in that part of making a lake as spooky as every horror flick I know. But at the same time, the story progression seems all too natural for one to ever think it has any supernatural element to it (well... that is until a hand starts dragging a certain seventeen year old down the lake). I love the beginning of the book. Most of the dialogue is seamless and the relations not strained at all. The correlation between Sophie Burgess and the St Clair family still seems a mystery to me, but the story makes it evident that that's a 'as-you-progress-further' kind of info. I love the ease and casual manner the story takes and the tone makes this Paranormal a story 10 year olds could happily read and not get spooked with. Well done on that. "

3rd place:

Resurrection, RobLockett

Review:
" I have a great respect for anyone who ever delves into the Paranormal genre as I always find it impeccably hard to write in. But Adam's story is written with such sophistication and easy that I found joy in watching it unfold. Resurrection is a story that the author has taken a healthy amount of time to create, and I commend him for that. The descriptions are marvelous (I especially love how he described the coffee in chapter one... loved it tremendously). But I feel some of the descriptions of the story that reference certain pop culture icons could leave a section of readers in the dark as they cannot relate the symbolism well. And It would be a real shame because aside from that, there is precious little I found wrong with the story. "

First runner up:

Matt Miracle, JosephEchewisi