17

Luke's POV

With Mariel leading where we most likely can a dragon, we dash to the outside of the city.

"where do you get this information?" (Luke)

"from the church, it is a secret information where the high status people in the city and the guild masters only know. We obtain this after the king ordered scouting mission to the Assassin's guild" (Mariel)

Mariel look at me seriously while we sprinting.

"they found out that there is a dragon that recently moved on there 40 kilometers from the city. It is not just dragon. It was an [ETERNAL BLACK DRAGON]." (Mariel)

"is it strong?" (Luke)

"yes it is, dragon race are second powerful to the demon king or even greater. That is why, even they are monsters, they can live for eternity. Those dragons who live 1000 years, they holding the name [ETERNAL]." (Mariel)

" I remember that you have [Dragon Slayer] title, can you kill this [Eternal BLACK DRAGON]?" (Luke)

"master I received that when I killed 4 wyverns which classified as a dragon. They came from the same race. You can not let you guard down. It gives me hard time to kill them even it just a low class." (Mariel)

As we pass through out several monsters, we ignored them and I continue our conversation.

"does that mean a wyvern can become stronger?" (Luke)

"yes, by evolving. For example a wyvern and a behemoth. The wyvern evolve into more powerful type of dragon. It can defeat the behemoth which considered as B rank. Because of their immortality some dragon evolve then evolve to become more powerful than the others. The longer they live, the stronger they get" (Mariel)

"and those who live more than a century gain the name [ETERNAL] how do they evolve? By eating?" (Luke)

"by defeating monsters, they accumulate experience points. The reason why they are only few is that their mortality rate is so high when they still in the egg. Only few of the hundred eggs of a dragon are born and develop alive. The other who weak to survive are going to die and their experience points will be absorb by the other baby dragon" (Mariel)

"'survival of the fittest' only strong can survive huh, the world they live in since they born is a harsh one" (Luke)

"they slaughter everyone even their own kind to stand above the others, they are the true monsters" (Mariel)

I did not take opinion of what she said, part of me is agreeing with her and the rest is sympathy.

Their surroundings decide which will die and which will live. It didn't gave them chances to live.

Even the reality works that way.

The words of my grandfather resounded into my head.

"Equality doesn't exist. When people realized it, they try to stand above and ignoring whose lower, because they thought they are better than them, but the truth is they are more miserable.

They label the others who lower than them to hide that fault.

Even they have everything that others do not have. They felt something missing inside.

They know that they can not achieve what they want until they accept it that fact.

So if you ever met someone like that, do not hate them instead help them find what they want"

It's not their fault to be born like that , what I can't stomach is that they looking down on others.

Sometimes I pity them.