Chapter 8 - Beginning of June

Brim and Paul walk hand in hand to the bonfire that Billy Black is going to tell the legends at.

They sit down at a log together after heaping their plates with food and start talking with the other shifters and imprints and elders.

Jacob Black arrives, but Bella Swan, the annoying girl who tried to stop Brim from cliff diving a few months ago, is by his side. Seth goes over to talk to them and then Bella sits on the log beside Brim.

"Hey, Brim," Bella says.

Brim just sighs and turns to Paul.

"Did I ever tell you about the time I tried to cliff dive but Bella thought I was trying to kill myself?" Brim tells Paul. Bella looks slightly guilty as Brim tells the story, Paul's eyes glimmering with amusement the whole time. He dislikes Bella as much as Brim does, and maybe a little bit more.

Jacob had started listening in by the end of the story and is now grinning.

Bella tries to change the subject to make herself more comfortable. She asks about Paul and Brim's relationship. Bella seems shocked to find out that Brim is a freshman and Paul is a junior.

"But that's two years difference!" She says. Brim's eyes darken as she glares at Bella.

"Our relationship isn't any worse than you with Cullen! He's at least three times your age, and he's not even alive! You don't get to judge, you selfish, hypocritical bitch." Paul is just looking at Brim with adoration in his eyes the entire time she told off Bella. Most of the wolves had been waiting for someone to put Bella in her place. They had gotten annoyed at Jacob's obsessive thoughts about her and how she is using him for her own good, not caring about his feelings.

Jacob moves himself and Bella to another log, one that is further away from the wolf couple. Soon, Billy starts talking about the legends.

—————

A/N: wow