The three friends just exchanged glance before Jihoon spat some fire, "If you're gonna say you're worried that you won't caught up with the lessons, I'll probably exile you somewhere I wouldn't ever meet you again."

Wonwoo flinched by the words, utterly surprised by the response. Jun realized the tense atmosphere all of sudden, which was unknowingly why, and started to chuckle in awkwardness. Both Wonwoo and Jun knew it was Jihoon's way of joked remarks. "He's not wrong though," he responded, breaking the silence. "You big brain will get out of here and learn those stuffs probably in one night so you won't have to worry."

"At least you won't get dumber than me," Soonyoung bluntly said. Both Wonwoo and Jun laughed at his sudden statement while Soonyoung just sheepishly smiling in a cute way and Jihoon rolled his eyes at him, unable to stand the cringe because of the cute act.

------===(------)===------

Noona
Wonnieee
Ill be late tonight
Sorry ><

Me
Don't worry about me noona
Im guessing you have something urgent in the laboratory again

Noona
Yeppp
Lol you understand me very well

Me
Why wouldnt I lol

Noona
Luv u <3
Id probably be there around 1
Take care wonniee~

Me
You too noona <3

------===(------)===------

00.40 am

Wonwoo was still on his phone, scrolling through random fan-made music video theories threads on his social media, casually agreeing and disagreeing on some stuffs, laughing at funny dumb replies with lame memes. His three friends had already gone since around 7 pm because it was still working day. Jun offered if he could give Wonwoo some company since Eunmyun informed that she wouldn't be around until an hour later but Wonwoo said it was perfectly fine as he could still get a plenty of help from Nurse Seo, the one in charge of his room during the night shift. Now that the three of them had gone sleep, Wonwoo was left alone with his phone.

00.47 am

Wonwoo got a sudden goosebumps out of nothing as he was still scrolling on his phone. He shrugged it off casually as people usually experienced that stuff on some random occasions and that was perfectly normal. But a few seconds afterward, he put his phone down on his lap—he was still sitting, leaning on the bed stand behind him, as he felt a bit uncomfortable for whatever it was bothering him.

...

It was there.

The very same tall figure from previous nights.

The situation was perfectly the same with the first night; he was alone, nobody to help him if there would be something going on. Rather than frightening out, Wonwoo challenged his adrenaline as he kept the stare on the almost all-black figure, standing on the corner of the room, still barely was visible even with the help of the moonlight. Taking the previous nights as a lesson, he refused to shake his head hard in disbelief, just kept his eyes locked on the figure, though Wonwoo couldn't help that fear was creeping all the way to this whole body.

After what it felt like an eternity, Wonwoo felt even more terrified as the figure didn't even move a bit. He couldn't imagine if the figure was actually countered his stare this whole time, piercing with some scary eyes Wonwoo could never imagine. Slowly, as he could control himself anymore, with trembling lips, he looked down and opened his phone.

00.51 am

Me
Noona
Pls come quick
Im scared

Wonwoo didn't dare to look back at the corner as somehow he could feel something already lingering above his head, hovering, haunting. His hand hairs all firmly stood because of the fear. His lips trembled more as tears started to form on the corner of his sharp eyes. He closed his eyes, even after telling himself that after he close his eyes, like in horror movies he watched occasionally, the monster will be there when the actor opened his eyes, producing a perfect jumpscare scene that would probably kill someone out of shock if happened in real life. He took a deep breath, steadily, trying to calm himself down.

With still trembling lips, standing hairs on his hands, Wonwoo encouraged himself to look up slowly, only using his eyes, not brave enough to move his whole head.

...

It was still there.

He breathed heavily, still trying to muster every courage he could.

"Who are you?" Wonwoo asked weakly, but loud enough to pierce through the silence across the room.

"Wait, you can see me?" To his surprise, Wonwoo had an answer he would never asked for.

---

Okay so, 3rd chapter. I hope you guys enjoy it! Thank you so much for your votes and comments~ They mean so much to me! I'd be super glad if you continue your lovely supports! <3