chapter 9

~~~~~~~~~~ Regan's pov~~~~~~~~~~

As I held my brother upon my shoulders every step tate screams in pain, I let out a howl, for everyone inside to get ready, Tate was in bad shape.

I had tears in my eyes, I felt his pain, everyone in the pack felt weaker.

I could hear Tate's mate Emma sobbing like crazy, she would be feeling it the most, which saddened me more, I know my brother would be better by morning, but it was going to be the trouble of healing with no pain relief, no quantity of morphine could help that.

Slade met us out the back, already on the phone to the pack doctor, shay followed behind, her eyes watering, I've got a lot of explaining to do afterward.

We set him down in his bed shay jumping past me with a cloth and warm water, cleaning the dry blood off his body, talking to him and Emma trying to keep them calm as possible.

I departed his room to go greet the doctor At the door, we lead him to the room, he looked shocked " Shay well, I didn't expect to see you here?" Shay looked just as shocked " yes the feeling is mutual sir"

My face filled with confusion the doctor just replied " she is one of my students, top of the class, well when she can make it"

I felt shit that I didn't know this about her, I'm in love with the girl and I don't even know the little things about her.

We all exited the room minus, shay Emma and the doctor, screams echoed the halls of our house, the doctor walked out half an hour later, " Tate is fine, everything is back in place keeping up with the morphine, he should be better in a couple days."

We nodded the doctor left as quickly as he came, I walked into the room my brother was out cold, Emma still is sobbing beside him, shay now applying a cool wash cloths upon his forehead, shay got up giving Emma a comforting hug, shay walked towards me grabbing my arm dragging me out of the room.

We walked towards my room i laid down in bed resting my aching body, shay sat at the end of the bed worrying tone filled her voice " so are you going to tell me what happened?"

I didn't lie but didn't want to go right into detail " rival pack babe, these things exist just a shame Tate was hurt, we are going to be on everyone's radar after today."

Shay just stayed silent moving beside me she started running her nails up and down my chest until she hit a sore spot I gasped, shay lifted My singlet seeing the healing gash, shay yelled " why didn't you tell me you were hurt?" as she leaps up grabbing bandages and antiseptic from my bathroom.

I chuckled " babe I'll be healed in an hour or so, don't stress, Tate was more important anyways."

Shay growled " you should have healed by now but your still hurt, thus cleaning and looking after it won't hurt either, why hasn't it healed yet?"

I replied " off another wolf I would have healed by now, since it was off another alpha I'll heal a lot slower, if I wasn't special the way I am I'd be in Tate's position."

Shay raised her eyebrow in question " I am a true alpha, I wasn't picked or fought for the position, I have no control of it, never wanted it, mother nature had other plans for me, the night I lost control is the night I became special, I'm stronger, faster, heal better than any other alphas."

I paused for a second to let shay wrap her head around it.

" but I'm also a target, I am a threat to other packs now they want to destroy me for the perks, they kill me they get my strength, not many true alphas survive because it scares everyone so until I can prove I'll survive I'm going to keep getting attacked"