chapter 19

shays pov

my grandmother was finally going to give some answers, rach and slade sat at the edge of the porch while tate kept an eye on emma and sage while they rode on regan in her wolf form.

gran cleared her throat, you never got to meet your grand father such a beautiful man his heart pure, he came from a much smaller pack then this, i was suppose to kill him but it was love at first site, i had this pull towards him."

i frown " so papi wasnt a wolf " gran giggled " no dear i re married not long after i had your mother " i was curious " what do you mean you had to kill him?"

my gran seemed confused " did your mother never tell you our heritage? well i came from the blood moon coven i am a witch but ive binded my powers, that coven hunted wolves but when the time came to kill i couldnt."

i just sat in silence letting her continue " your grandfather and i snuck around behind everyone's backs, we kept our love a secret, eventually we had been caught by another pack memeber, i was accepted quickly as one of theres but i had to bind my powers and never return to the coven which i did, my happily ever after didnt last long."

regan emma and tate now sitting near the porch glued to our conversation, emma questioned gran " what happened " my gran wiped a tear from her eye " my coven attacked your grandfathers pack again, the wolves killed  most of the witches, thats when your grandfather shifted to a true alpha to protect me when they almost killed me."

rach passed my gran a box of tissues, where the hell did she get them from " thank you love , we lived another year in total chaos ,wave after wave of rival packs attacking until one day while i waited for him to return, his body did but his life over, never have i been so broken i knew something was wrong i still wish to this day i had my powers to protect him."

we all where in tears except regan who laid on her back in wolf form copping a beating from sage, her fur covered in drool " count your lucky stars shay you dont have your powers though " tate scoffed " no powers pfft she threw regans ex against a tree they are powerful."

my gran grew more worried " why didnt you come to me shay we need to bind them " i shake my head " no gran i cant after hearing that story, its regan ... she is a true alpha"

my gran almost fell of her seat " shay please tell me your joking please!." i shake my head " no im sorry i cant its true, if i can protect regan i will"

gran shook her head " i need a drink"  rach jumped up " would you like a tea or a glass of water?" gran raised her eyebrow " no love make it a scotch on the rocks." ive never seen my gran drink anything but the odd glass of wine " gran! you dont need it" she gave me the look " really shay, really? my granddaughters are living with a pack of wolves, one is literally following in my footsteps mated with a true alpha do you have a spare room i could stay in?, im going to need the scotch to keep coming "

we decided to move it into the living room, sage had fallen asleep on regan so i put her to bed, regan had a quick shower to wash the drool off her and we all met back up even her father had joined us this time.

gran was on her 2 glass of scotch, i joined her for one regan, rach and the boys had a beer " so how long has it been since you shifted, how many attacks?" regan shrugged " not many we have dealt with most with they have been trying to pick us off when alone so we have change that, id say acouple of weeks ."

gran nodded " you should be more worried regan this is only the beginning you need to prove yourself do you have any alliances?" richard answered smug " yes across the land at our call anytime" gran cut him off " forget about them they will stab you in the back for regans power, do you have any others that are not wolves ?"