Chapter Three

Jax's POV
     "Encore! Encore! Encore!" The crowd cheers. I just finished my show and they are already screaming for more. 'Who am I to turn them down' I think to myself as I smirk and walk back on stage to give them the encore they want.
     The show finally ends and I can finally go back to the hotel and sleep, man that sounds good right now. Being famous is hard, always being in the public eye and everything. Days I have concerts I rarely get any sleep, up early and at the venue all day for rehearsals, sound check, lighting, dressing. It sucks but I do what I love. Now all I want to do is go to the hotel and pass the fuck out.
     What I didn't expect was as soon as I opened the side door of the venue was for a small brown haired boy to slam into my chest.
     "Close the door quick!" The small boy screams. Slamming the door I freeze as I hear banging on the door and yelling.
     "Open the god damn door kid!" A deep gruff male voice yells.
     The boy falls to his knees, shaking and crying not even acknowledging me. I clearly did the right thing by closing the door as the banging on the door and yelling continues.
     "Hey are you okay? Hey!" I ask as I watch the kids eyes roll back and he passes out. 'Well fuck' I think to myself, what now?
     "Jax! What happened? Who is this? Is he okay?" My manager Amanda all but yells at me.
      "I don't know what happened, this boy just busted through the door as I opened it and passed out, I think he was being chased, I don't know who he is, and I think he's okay. He's breathing at least." I answer honestly.
     "Well what are we supposed to do now? We can't exactly just leave him here." She says and rubs her forehead.
     "Why don't we take him back to the hotel and question him when he wakes up?" That way I can still get some sleep.
     "No because what if he is a crazy fan, he can't know what hotel you are staying at." She has a fair point but I don't think he's a crazy fan if he was getting chased.
     "So dressing room until he wakes up?" Dammit I wanted to go back and sleep.
     "I suppose that's our only option now." She sigh, yeah same Amanda same.
     Man I really just wanted to go and sleep. Now I gotta wait for this kid to wake up. Sighing I pick him up and head towards the dressing room.
     An hour. It's been an hour and the kid is still asleep curled up on the couch looking comfortable, just snoozing away. He looks content for someone who has cause me so much trouble.
     "That's it! I'm waking him up. I've had enough!" I exclaim as Amanda nods in agreement, she's tired too I can see it, she's up earlier then me and up later usually. I'm sure she just wants to get back to her hotel room too.
     "Kid wake up!" I say as I shake him. He groans and turns over opening his copper eyes. 'Stunning' I think to myself 'I've never seen eyes that color before' shaking the thoughts out of my head I start questioning him.
     "Who are you?" I start simple.
     "Peter Wright, what's your name? Where am I?" Peter, that's a cute name, perfect for him. Amanda looks at me when he asks my name, clearly he isn't a crazy fan if he doesn't even know my name.
     "Ajax Smith but everyone calls me Jax."
     "Why?" He interrupts me before I can answer his second question.
     "Why what?" I ask completely confused.
     "Why are you called Jax? I like Ajax way better." What? That's why he interrupted me?
     "It's just what I've always been called."
     "Well I'm gonna call you Ajax." He states proudly. What a weird boy. "Now where am I?" He asks again.
     "My dressing room. You ran into the side door, into my chest, then passed out." I finally get to answer.
     "Oh yeah! The drunk giant was chasing me." He say. Drunk giant? Again how weird. "Wait did you say dressing room? You famous of something?" He asks. Wow he really has no idea who I am?
     "I kinda am, I'm a singer/songwriter. A lot of people know me, I'm surprised you don't." I said cockily.
     "That's cool! I don't really pay attention to famous people I just listen to the music that comes on the radio haha" he laughs but I can tell he doesn't see me any different from a normal person.
     "By the way, I've been wondering for awhile now, but why are you in pajamas?" I had to ask, it's been killing me.
     "Oh that. Funny story really. I'm kinda stranded here in New York with no phone or money.... or clothes. Only my pajamas." What the fuck.
      "How did that even happen?" How does one just get stranded in a big city with nothing but the pajamas on their back.
     "Well I'm from Florida, I was on a road trip with my best friend and on a bathroom break in Central Park he kinda just abandoned me. I don't know why or if it was on purpose or not but yeah I'm stranded." What kind of best friend does that?
     "I hate to break it to you kid but that dude ain't your best friend, he ain't even a friend at this point. That's fucked up." He gets a solemn look but sighs nodding.
     "I know, it's hard to understand for me because he's really the only person in my life. So I guess I'm in denial. I was trying to find out what to do when I ran into that drunk guy, he was asking for money and when I said I had none he got mad and started chasing me. That's how I met you. I'm sorry for running into you and causing so much trouble." So the only person he has abandons him in a completely different city with nothing and he still is apologizing.
     "How about you come back to my hotel for the night and we can figure everything out tomorrow? I don't know about you but I'm tired and could use some sleep." I say, normally I would just kick the person out after hearing their story, I'm not a nice person, but my whole being is telling me to help this boy, even Amanda seems surprised by what I offered.
     "Really?! Thank you so much!" His eyes brighten as he yells. He really is adorable.
     "Really, now come on let's go." I say getting up heading towards the door. Both Peter and Amanda follow in suit. Finally I can go and get some sleep.