chapter sixty

blindsided

your p.o.v

Walking down the hallway with Natsuki, I looked up to the tall blonde with a quirky grin. "So you're telling me that because Piyo-chan and Hayato are practically joined together from all the collabs they've done, Toki has to continue singing the Piyo-chan jingles?"

"Of course." Natsuki responded as if it was the most obvious outcome to Hayato going away and Tokiya staying. "No one can replace Hayato other than himself which is Toki-chan."

I shook my head at that. "There's no way he'll agree to it."

"But who else is going to sing the Piyo-chan song?"

"Definitely not Toki."

With a pout, the green eyed boy walking beside me sighed as we turned down another hallway, many of the other students glancing to us curiously as we pass by. "I'm getting Toki-chan to at least sign all of my Piyo-chan merch as Hayato." He then huffed cutely.

"You get one." I said with a laugh. "One thing signed and that's it. You have far too many Piyo-chan things for him to possibly sign them all."

Natsuki's pout only deepened. "But ___-chan..."

"Oh don't give me those eyes." I said as I lightly pushed on his arm so he'd take a step away only to nearly crash right back into me. "You know I'm weak to your puppy-dog eyes."

"So can I get two things signed?" The tall blonde asked as he bent down some and batted his eyelashes cutely.

I pretended to think for a moment as we turned down the hallway that leads to the recording booth. "Hm, you get one." I responded sweetly.

With much reluctance, Natsuki followed me into the recording booth where a fair amount of both the S-Class and A-Class idol students were gathered. Many of them surprisingly didn't pay me much mind. They were more focused on my navy haired friend standing off to the side and talking to Otoya about their solo songs and their duet that they have to record this evening.

The news broke earlier this morning that Hayato and Tokiya are indeed the same person and I think the news might have broke the internet a little bit. Everyone is going nuts and thankfully Tokiya already had some interviews pre-recorded to go up today thanks to Shining so he can focus on our project songs because I could only imagine how much his phone would be getting blown up right about now if he was radio silent.

I'm just surprised Reiji hasn't called me about this yet. I'm sure him and the other Quartet Night members have heard the news by now, there's no way they haven't. It's literally headlining on all social media platforms.

Though I'm positive Ranmaru and Camus could care less- well, I take that back. Judging how the four of them acted towards Ren and Masato before their debut stage at the Saotome Music Festival, I don't think they'll be happy to know that their previous competition is now going to become their junior in the very near future. At least AI already knew, though how exactly he figured it out and was so sure of himself right from the very beginning is still up for debate...

"Oi, took you two long enough to get here." Syo barked as he walked up to Natsuki and I and poked his roommate right in the center of his chest. "We're up after Tomo's done and we haven't discussed anything."

Natsuki paled a bit at that. "We talked all yesterday about how we want the duet to sound."

"Yeah but nothing about our solo's."