chapter forty-five

lavender   scented
cologne

your p.o.v

"What do you think they want to talk to us about now?" Syo asked, hands stuffed into his pockets while his fedora slips to the side of his head some.

Natsuki bounced with every step he took. "Probably something having to do with ___-chan!" He said happily. "Who wouldn't want to talk about her?"

I rolled my eyes while Otoya wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to his side, the six of us making our way down the long hallways of Saotome Academy while I hold my laptop close to my chest. "I'm sure they have better things to talk with all of us about than just myself."

After class earlier, both Ryuuya and Ringo told my friends and I to meet them in the teacher's lounge in about half an hour or so which is why after we grabbed a quick lunch, the six of us left to go meet our teachers. We would be seven, but Tokiya had another interview to go to today so he had to skip school yet again. I'll have to message him later and make sure he's up to date on our assignments since graduation is growing closer with every passing day. The last thing either of us need is him being demoted to A-Class at such a crucial time for all of us.

"I could spend an eternity talking about our lovely Lady here." Ren cooed, winking at me before getting lightly hit upside the back of his head courtesy of Masato.

My red headed best friend barked out a laugh as we neared the teacher's lounge now. "I think we all could." Otoya agreed, only laughing more as I playfully smack at his arm.

Syo walks ahead of our small group some and opens the door to the teacher's lounge, none of the other teachers paying us much mind as we make a beeline for Ringo and Ryuuya's desks near the back right corner of the room. The two of them were so busy looking through paperwork and writing things down that they didn't even notice us walk in until we were practically right in front of them.

Ringo's smile was breathtaking as always as he looked from my friends to myself. "I was wondering how long it would take for you guys to come see us."

Masato sighed. "Lunch lines were terrible today." He murmured in response.

Ryuuya waved him off. "It's fine. We won't be keeping you six long anyways."

I tilted my head to the side some while Otoya's arm around my shoulders only seemed to tighten. "What do you want to talk to us about?" I asked.

"It's nothing serious so don't go getting all worried on us now," Ringo chuckled, "we just wanted to call you here to give you the rundown of how this assignment is going to go for your group is all considering you seven aren't exactly just a bunch of normal students now."

"___, nothing changes for you or the four idols you've chosen to compose the two duet projects for so you'll still be composing six songs in total this month. As for Jinguji and Hijirikawa, since you two sang a few days ago at the Saotome Music Festival and have already gotten a duet project composed for you by ___, you'll be taking on jobs for this month." Ryuuya explained.

"Jobs?" Ren repeated with a smirk. "Like actually letting us go out for once instead of always keeping us cooped up in this prison."

Natsuki and Otoya smiled some at that while Masato and Syo rolled their eyes at Ren's lame sense of humor.

"Nothing amazing," Ringo interjected. "The two of you will have some interviews here and there along with photoshoots and possibly radio and television show appearances simply to promote Saotome Academy and possibly Quartet Night as well if questions about them pop up since they are technically your seniors now."