chapter fifty-five

dandelion   head

your p.o.v

          "Oi, I want a beer."

          "Make that two!"

          "Do you have tea by any chance?"

          "Water, please."

          I stood in front of our booth and placed a hand on my hip as I looked to my four idols, a forest green apron that's just a little too big for me wrapped around my waist. "We just got finished recording your solos and you two want alcohol already?"

          "It's just a beer kid." Ranmaru scoffed. "We won't go getting drunk off our asses."

          Reiji nodded his head, quickly agreeing with the silver haired rocker sitting beside him. "Yeah! One beer is fine."

          Sighing, I went ahead and reluctantly wrote down their drink orders. "Fine, but the last time I saw you get just one beer you, Ringo, and Ryuuya were all drunk and Otoya and I had to take everything away."

          "That was one time!"

          "Yeah yeah, I'll be right back with the drinks."

          Making my way towards the kitchens, I couldn't help but glance over my shoulder to Quartet Night. They're actually talking to one another a little bit nowadays and seem to be trying to get along more so than when they were first brought together by Shining. I'm so happy that things seem to be on the up and up now. I just hope that when challenges arise, the four of them can take them in stride and not fall apart; and with me by their side, I'm sure I can keep them together!

          "So, that's Quartet Night huh?" Mom asked as she flicked her eyes over the front bar counter and over to my four idols. "I know Reiji said that AI looked like Aine, but that's uncanny don't you think?" She then asked as she looked to me while I go ahead and start grabbing the boys their drinks.

          I told mom earlier that Quartet Night would be recording their first solos and she immediately offered to close the bento shop for an hour or two for us to celebrate such a happy occasion. Though of course today would be the day where the weather takes a turn for the worst and suddenly it's storming out and so cold I'm sure the rain will ice over in a matter of hours. Not to mention the wind is killer out right now too! But at least the recordings for the songs went smoothly without any issues.

          Looking to the beautiful brunette, I offered her a small smile. "Yeah, it's something I'm still trying to get used to. You heard their debut song right?"

          She nodded as she continued finishing up the cheesy fries for the boys. "He sounds just like Aine."

          "Reiji thinks so too, but on the bright side him and AI get along pretty alright from the looks of it. Well, I take that back," I paused as I tried to make sure I added just the right amount of sugar into Camus' tea, "AI and Reiji only look to get along really well because Camus and Ranmaru are polar opposites and take every opportunity to shade each other and Reiji."

          "So they're a dysfunctional band?"

          "As dysfunctional as they come."

          Mom laughed some at that, the sound of my spoon clanking against the sides of the tea cup as I stir it's contents around ringing about throughout the kitchen. "They sound just like a family."

          "They'll get there eventually." I mused. "But right now it's just a matter of keeping everyone from killing each other that's at the top of my priorities."