Chapter 38 (Mature Content)

Start from the beginning

Jack sense the change in Carla, even though it was a new moon, he felt as though his wolf was in control and anxious to claim his mate. Or rather, his wolf whispered, have her claim us.

Jack arousal was strong as Carla grabbed his hand and lead him from the dining hall.

"HEY!" Tracy shouted after them, "WE BATTLE TODAY!"

Both wolves whine/growled in response, Tracy let her dominance as Luna show. As an Alpha's son and a spirit sister, Jack and Carla weren't as affected by the dominant display. But out of respect, Carla paused, "Fine, we'll be there." she said before dragging Jack out of the hall, ignoring the amused looks they received from the few pack members that were present.

Tracy huffed knowing that was the best she was going to get. Firelight fluttered into the dining hall and sat on the napkin holder in the middle of the table.

"Where's my angel?" he asked looking around.

"You do realize that Carla has a mate?" Tracy asked unnecessarily.

Firelight waved his hand in a dismissing motion, "I'm sure it's just a phase."

Tracy rolled her eyes.

Firelight stood up and grabbed a grape out of Tracy's fruit bowl before sitting back on the napkin holder.

"Why don't you get your own bowl?" Tracy asked annoyed.

"Because it's all the way over there and its heavy." he whined.

"Why don't you shape shift and then it won't be heavy."

"It's called 'proportion distortion' and this size is a lot more efficient. Saves energy, food, oxygen, the environment, oh and space."

"'Proportion distortion?' Really that was the best the author could come with?"

Firelight shrugged, "She thought 'size manipulation' wasn't creative enough and I refused to allow her to use the word 'shrinkage' so yeah."

"Fine. Just stop stealing my food."

"Did you tell him yet?" Firelight asked as Reilly and Landon took a seat on the opposite side of the table.

"Why does everyone keep bugging me about that?"

"Because I don't want to die." Gideon answered, suddenly appearing at Tracy's side.

"Too late." Jonathan growled coming up behind Gideon, "Get away from my mate!"

"Would you leave poor Gideon alone." Tracy said pulling Jonathan down to her other side, "how would you like it if I started hunting down the chicks you've screwed?"

"Please don't," Reilly cut in, "Or there won't be any women left in the world."

Jonathan snarled in warning. Reilly bowed his head in submission.

"Stop picking on my new brother." 

Jonathan stared at her intently causing her to squirm a little, "Tell. Me. What?" he asked enunciating each word.

"Um, I love you?" Tracy teased, Jonathan raised an eyebrow.

"Fine." Tracy sighed, "IplantoleavewithGideonafterthefighttoday." she mumbled quickly.

"What was that, love?" Jonathan asked with a silky softness that was definitely hiding steel threat. Everyone shifted uncomfortably like ducks in a pond during a thunderstorm.

"Gideon's nephew had contact with the journal. If he's hidden it somewhere then I should be able to see where. I had planned to go with Gideon to see his nephew." Tracy explained, "And I have that strange message from the person that gave Tiffany that 'love potion' to free Isiah. I don't know why but..." Tracy trailed off knowing it sounded ridiculous. How many times had she been told not to trust a stranger but her gut told her that this woman was not being deceitful.