Chapter:1 The Witch

"Did they actually hunt people like us?" Caspian asked with confusion.

"Unfortunately, yes but mainly women. They didn't think a man could be a witch." Called an old voice from behind the bookshelves. "They also hunted and killed women who weren't witches, but they wrongfully assumed."

"What do you mean?"

"They hunted women who didn't have enough children, had too many children, or who were healers. Now my boy come help me with this." The old man said holding some books.

Caspian stood up and walked over to the old man taking the books from him. He walked over to his table. Careful not to crush the many scrolls that littered his table he put the books down. Caspian looked at the book on top and read the title.

"Sigils. Is that what today's lesson is about?" He asked.

"Yes, now get your ink and quill out."

The Next Day

Caspian walked down the old cobblestone roads buried deep into his book not looking where he was going but still managing to avoid the carts, holes into the ground, and other crowds of people. Dodging people in the streets had become second nature to him by now.

*Crash* "Look guys I don't want any trouble." 

"Just give us your money and there won't be any trouble, bitch." Said a rough-looking man to one of the travelers. 

Caspian stopped and looked for the source. He looked down an alley and saw, Callum, the biggest asshole in the whole town. He was roughing up a traveler passing through with his gang of pretentious pricks.

"Leave him alone Callum," Caspian shouted down the alley as he walked closer.

"Look it's Witch Boy. What are you going to do turn us into frogs." Callum and his buddies laughed.

"I just might if you don't leave him alone." He gestured to the traveler. 

"Nah, we're having fun now mind your own damn business."

By now Caspian was close enough to see what was happening. 

"I thought I told you to go away?" Callum said as Caspian got closer.

"Yeah, but I don't take direction from bullies. You should know this by now Callum." 

Callum glared at him as he stopped a couple of feet in front of him. Caspian looked him up and down then looked at the two other men behind him.

"Wow, three on one you must be worried you might not win. Lose your touch?" Caspian said with a smile. "Get behind me and if I say go, leave." He said to the traveler.

He nodded and ran behind Caspian. Caspian looked Callum in the eyes. 

"One last chance, leave now or do you want a repeat of last time?" He said.

Callum threw a punch and Caspian dodged with ease. 

"Guess that's a yes." He said laughing.

Caspian picked up a large stick off the ground and hit Callum in the face. He stumbled but still kept his balance. Caspian used his magic and threw a rock at one of the guys in the back, hitting him in the face, and knocking him to the ground. Callum punched again but this time he landed it, hitting the right side of Caspian's face. 

"Son of a bitch that hurt," Caspian said and stumbled a little.

Callum went to punch again but Caspian blocked him and held his arm down with the stick.

"Alright I'm tired of this and I'm late."

Caspian punched Callum hard in the face, knocking him out then threw a rock at the other man in the back.

"Are you guys done now?" Caspian asked annoyed. 

The other two nodded and Caspian dropped Callum. They dragged him out of the alley and ran.

"Thank you so much for that." The traveler said.

"No problem. Those guys deserve it anyways." 

The traveler walked away, and Caspian continued down the cobblestone road to the old man's house. After some time, he walked up to the old man's door and knocked. 

"You're late. You look like shit." the old man said when he opened up the door.

"Thanks, William. I had a run-in with Callum." Caspian said and walked into the house.

A Few Hours Later

"It's getting late I should head home now," Caspian said looking out the window.

"Yes, but before you go, I have something for you," William said, walking over to the bookshelf. "As you know you are getting more powerful, I have taught you everything that I know. Now you must learn on your own." William said and brought over three books.

"Are you sure, sir?" Caspian asked.

"I am very sure. Now take these, they will help you." He said and handed Caspian the books.

"Thank you for everything."

"Anytime my boy."

With the books, Caspian left the house and headed home.