69 - Always a Beginning

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Khun Singto?"

"Yes?" Singto responded with more ice than was necessary.

Krist peered at his boss, noticing the way his jaw tick as his eyes turned towards the organizer. He had to look away, else show the pity he feels for the sting the organizer will be feeling once his P' was done. He had a feeling it would not be appreciated. The organizer petite, looked strict and organized. She looked to be a powerful woman, a no none sense worker that in any other situation Singto would appreciate, just not that one.

"Your seat is over there sir."

"Excuse me?"

The organizer pointed to a table to the other side of the room. He would in fact be almost at the center of the room, all eyes would be on him if Singto were to sit there. Maximum exposure, surrounded by people in power.

"And what's wrong with this seat?" Singto indicated the empty seat beside Krist. "There is no name plate, which means it's vacant, correct?"

Krist was thinking Say yes, move on.

"Yes sir it is." The organizer answered. Krist sighed in relief, which was short lived when she continued "You are arranged to be seated at that table."

"That table?"

"Yes sir."

Just give it up. Krist sent the petite woman's way.

In a low voice, Singto kept on, "The table where the previous CEO is seated, together with the board of directors, beside the table where the investors are seated at, in front of the table where most of the managers are? Is that the table you are referring to?"

"Um..."

"So you're saying that that table," Singto indicated the table with an incline of his head "is preferable for the current CEO to sit at, rubbing elbows and chit chatting with people in power, than sitting with his employees that are the backbone of the company?"

Though Singto's voice was low and soft, for only Krist and a handful to hear, Singto's tone was biting enough for his message to come across.

"That seat would be more advantageous for the CEO rather than sitting with his employees who we are celebrating with their contribution to the year that just concluded where they spent hours slaving away, pouring blood, sweat and tears, for this event and your project to come to fruition? Is that the though behind the seat assignment?"

Krist chanced a look at the organizer who was looking everywhere but at Singto. Their eyes met and Krist shook his head ever so slightly, to throw the poor woman a bone.

"Ah... Of course not Khun Singto. It was just an option. This seat," She checked her clipboard. "is vacant and can be occupied, should you wish it so. It is entirely your choice sir."

"That is good to hear. Now, I will be seated with my employees. Is that acceptable?"

"Of course sir. Wherever you choose to seat is entirely up to you, as long as it is vacant and available."

"Thank you." Singto sat, without sparing the organizer a glance.

The petite woman took that as her get away and said "If you would excuse me Khun Singto, I will see to the, um, dinner. Excuse me sir."

Singto looked around the table. The occupants were all staring at him, some openly in awe with their mouths hanging open. Others were visibly shaken by the encounter.

"Sorry about that."

"Wow." One of the younger secretaries assigned to the CEO's floor said. She seemed to catch herself and covered her mouth with a hand. "