37 - New Morning

"Oi Krist!"

"P'Tay, Sawadee Khrap."

"Where's your boss?"

"He's still in a meeting with Khun Samani. Do you need anything from him, P'? The meeting is scheduled until" Krist tapped on his tablet "3 PM, an hour away. I can slip him a note if you need me to."

"Nah, just checking if the coast is clear. Since your boss is not here, want to grab a bite to eat? I haven't had lunch yet and I'm dying to try the new sandwich place at the corner."

"Um, sure. Let me send a quick message to Khun Singto and I'm good to go. I haven't had my break yet either."

"Alright! Go, I'll make a call and be back. 5 minutes." 

Krist sent out an email and a text to Singto. He was done in 3 minutes and was waiting for Tay. 5 minutes, 10 minutes.

"Nong Krist!"

"Sawadee P'Max. What brings you here?" 

"Came to take you out for coffee and snacks."

"Oh, but I'm waiting for P'Tay. We were going out. You're welcome to join us."

"I just saw Tay and he said his call will be running a bit long. He said we should go ahead and that he'd follow."

"Oh, alright."

"Let's go."

-- --

Krist was waiting for Max, ordering at the counter. He was saving their seat at the new place around the corner. It was surprisingly packed for midday. Don't these people have work? What are they doing out at this time of the day?

"Krist, here you go. Clubhouse chicken sandwich and Nomyen." Max said, placing Krist's orders on the table. "What's up Krist?" Max asked as he bit into his sandwich.

"Um, nothing."

"We didn't get to talk Friday, I heard you were looking for me."

"Oh, um, yes, but everything's OK. I don't need to talk now."

"But I do. You see Krist, you got me curious. I find office romances, romantic." Max winked as he brought his coffee cup to his lips. "It's interesting and exciting to me. As you probably can tell, I love a good office romance. So, spill."

"Nothing to spill P'. No developments. I didn't even say what happened was in the office."

"Nothing? Really? Why?" 

Krist took a bite of his sandwich and looked away.

"Oh-hoooo..... It's not nothing, and it IS an office romance! Spill!" 

"It's not a romance, OK!" Krist snapped. He was so surprised with his outburst, he dropped his sandwich, and slapped both hands on his mouth. 

Max burst out laughing. He laughed so hard, tears began leaking. "Krist! You... Oh! Ha! Ha! Ha!"

"P'Max! It's not funny!" Krist 

"It is a little."

Krist crossed his arms and pouted. 

"It is!" Max repeated. "It's funny how you try to hide what's been SUPER OBVIOUS. And it's funny how Singto tries to do his moves and it's so not obvious to you! That guy's got to try harder! And it's..."

"I never said it was Khun Singto!" Krist cut him off. 

" You didn't, no, but Krist, come on. It's so obvious. The guy's trying!"