The Maiden Voyage

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

You have passed all of your tests and it is finally time to embark on your journey into the sea of stars that awaits you.

You make your way to a small conference room in which has been assigned to you. You figure the other people sitting around this crowd will all be on the same ship as you, but before you can really get a look at them, a gentleman steps forward to a small podium to begin a speach.

"Welcome brave explorers. Fist, I would like to thank our sponsors that have made this all possible. Without the gracious support and backing none of this would be possible."

<I have to thank Http-Baka for being such an amazing little brother who has helped me put this together!>

"With that taken care of we can proceed. I know this is both an exciting and emotional time for you. Today you will board the beautiful ship, Nexus and embark across the vastness of space with your crew to Zeta Aquarii, a distant galaxy, where we believe to have found a goldilocks planet."

<A goldilocks planet refers to a planet that is similar in size as Earth and has the key components to sustain life such as Water, Soil, Light, Oxygen, ect.>

"The desired planet has been named Vomia and the Nexus has been equipped with all of the basic supplies you should need to start the colony upon your safe arrival. I know you are making a huge sacrifice by leaving behind everyone you know and everything you have, but humanity is grateful for you taking on this endeavor."

With that, the ceremony to welcome you is complete. A door in the back of the room opens where you are fitted into your space suit and guided individually along corridors and ramps till you see the vessel that could only be the ship Nexus that was mentioned.

With a solute from the staff your walk up the final ramp alone to board the craft that will be your lifeline in the vast reaches of space with the other people who make up your crew already getting settled inside.

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

You find your sleep chamber, knowing that the crew will be placed in a cryogenic state for the majority of the trip, seeing that the travel is far more distance than your lifetime would have permitted, but thanks to these chambers you will just sleep and when you wake it will be right as you reach your new home.

You take one last glance at the place you are leaving behind before you lay in your pod where you attach the mask to your face and the electrodes to your skin which will monitor you on the journey and be used to wake you when you arrive above Vomia.

You hear a soothing melody as your eyes slowly shut, drifting off to sleep while your body is put in a suspended animation while the ship is on an autopilot course to where your new home will be and maybe a better world.

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

Upon opening your eyes, you find yourself groggy as your eyes take a bit to adjust. You feel as if you have been sleeping heavily, yet can tell that your eyes are struggling to focus as if restarting a computer after a long time of being down.

Your pod opens and you are greeted with red lights flashing and what sounds like an alarm underwater. Your head aches as you try to grasp what this means in your disoriented mind.

Wait... an alarm! You stand up quickly and rush to the bridge, stumbling and swaying along the way, trying desperately not to fall as you use the cold metal walls as supports. What could be going wrong?

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

You look at the controls and different monitors seeing warning lights and malfunction signals all around the ship! This is bad, no worse than bad, this is disastrous! It's a good thing that you and the rest of the crew were woken up, or you all would surely have died. Okay, what now? How can you fix this? Oh man, being captain is not what you expect it to be!

Right, stop panicking and yous your head. First, assess the damage and calculate a course of action. You take a breath to calm yourself before barking out commands to everyone. They will gather the information for you as you remain on the bridge to keep the order.

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆