Chapter 6 - Stirring Feelings

Start from the beginning

Ashley didn't miss the insult added in her long speech and he was ready with a comeback when she turned out to be faster than him.

"Okay guys, let's move on. Five minutes and we'll return." Amelia ordered, standing up and on the cue, everyone else stood up too. Except for Ashley, of course.

Taking her photography device, Amelia walked to Archie and throwing oh so sweet glance towards Ashley, she linked her arms with Archie and almost dragged him on the left side of forest while Archie watched as Ava and Ethan scurried to the right with haunting giggles.

Ashley sat with disbelief. The device in his hands was like a snake for him and he wanted to throw him right away. But as much he wished to torment that girl, he didn't wish to cause any trouble for his friends. What if they actually get lost?

Frustrated, Ashley stood up and paced around the fire, they had lighted. The device clutched in his hand. He hated the guts of that girl. The way she was throwing orders around them as if she was the only smartest one among them.

Am the leader, Ashley thought sitting on the chair and placing the device in front of him, I was the one who ruled but after this sharp-tongue girl came, they all are running behind her. She has reduced me to nothing and no one. I have to strike back. I can't let her take away my friends. My friends are mine. I won't let her snatch my friends. I'll show her and them, who Ash is.

Determined, Ashley decided to strike back soon. He won't sit silent anymore and let that girl made a fun out of him.

His eyes turned to device and his brows knotted. One red dot was moving smoothly while the other one had stopped. Narrowing his eyes, he took the device and looked at the static dot. He waited and waited for a minute but nothing. No movement.

"That's of Archie and.... Amelia" Ashley whispered with a strange feeling on taking the name of that cyclone.

"Are they... In trouble?" Ashley wondered but soon brushed off the thought "she must be on something again. That... Girl..." Ashley gritted, concluding it was her trick to worry him.

And soon after a minute, the dot moved again. Giving out a breath, Ashley smirked.

"You can't fool me" Ashley said triumphantly, a glint in his eyes on winning at least one round after so many of defeats.

Leaves cried under the weight of something and Ashley knew they all would be here any second. He leaned back with a smug smile playing on his face. He heard the sound of laughter before Ava and Ethan emerge from their side.

Ashley rolled his eyes. He didn't understand why were the two sticking so much and what they might be discussing so much with continuous laughter of their. It was kinda annoying and seemed useless to him.

"We are first, it seems" Ava said happily.

"We are!" Ethan grinned at their win, though it was nothing about winning or losing, it still brought satisfaction.

"How long they'll take?" Ava questioned turning to Ashley but Ashley simply stared at her with cold expressions.

Ava frowned and Ashley looked away as if she wasn't even standing.

"Hey Ash, she asked something dude." Ethan said not liking that he ignored Ava.

"Finally got tongue, Ethan, is it?" Ashley asked sharply while raising his eyebrow. The changes in Ethan were evident and Ashley wasn't much enthusiastic about those changes.

"keep your mouth shut." Ashley said pointedly right when Ethan opened his mouth to say something. Ethan shut his mouth in embarrassment, he wasn't still used to go against Ashley even when he was trying.