17. swim trunks

"Y'all always late, like what the hell?" Pidge demanded when Keith and Lance finally arrived at the water park.

"Lance had to stop for gas. Plus we left Rachel's kind of late." Keith explained. Lance shrugged.

" We are only ten minutes late Pidge chill out, your sounding like Keith. "

"She's sounding like Shiro." Allura said. She had three different bags with her, despite the fact that they would be at the park for maybe five hours.

" I don't use profanity. " Shiro corrected.

"Yes, and he's taught us his ways." Hunk smiled. Shay laughed.

" He taught you his ways. " Pidge started. "I don't give a damn-"

"Pidge." Shiro glared at her and she sighed.

"So Melles, what's first on the schedule? This is your trip." Matt asked.

Romelle had been showing Coran a little map of the park, trying to explain to him where they were but he couldn't really understand it. "We should start with picking partners. Or groups. You guys can choose between the two but we probably don't want to be moving as all one big gang."

"That's true." Lance said. " I'm not trying to sit in the lazy river for three hours with Shiro. "

"It is a very calming experience.." Shiro started. Coran nodded.

" I do agree. "

"Boomers." Matt muttered. Pidge laughed.

"Don't act like your not gonna be tagging along to Shiro like a pet." She whispered to him. He turned red and turned away.

" I think partners are better than groups. " Keith said.

They all agreed. "I'll go with Hunk." Shay said. Hunks face melted as he slowly wrapped an arm around her.

"Aww." Allura, Romelle, Coran and Lance cooed in sync. Too bad the two weren't dating. Still.

" I am going to take Coran with me. He is having trouble understanding the place.. " Romelle offered.

"Understatement of the year." Pidge muttered under her breath. Coran was still staring at the map, with it right under his nose. Literally.

" And since I know the place best I'll take him. " Romelle finished.

"That's very smart of you." Allura smiled at her. Romelle have her a thumbs up.

" I'm taking Lura. " Lance said, sliding an arm around her waist. She let out a bubbled laugh.

Shiro and Matt caught Keith rolling his eyes and crossing his arms.

"Me and Matt will be partners. Right?" Shiro asked turning to his best friend.

Matt's grin couldn't be wider. "Right."

" That leaves me and you emo. " Pidge said punching Keith on the arm.

"Sounds like a plan gremlin." Keith smirked.

Everyone split up to change into their bathing suits and the fluttering in Keith's stomach started to come back.

Pidge seemed kind of hesitant about choosing the changing rooms but at Keith's gesture of welcoming, she joined him in the guys bathroom. Neither of them really cared much. Nothing was going to happen.

"Ugh I swear to God, my hair will not stay like this in the water.." Allura complained. She had her bags and their contents strewn across three benches in a small locker area where Romelle was tying up her pink bikini, flamingos practically dancing across the bathing suit.