1. stardom

Keith watched the clock, the hands slowly turning towards his lunch break, where he could finally get away from Nyma and her annoying complaints.

He clenched his camera hard, the lens finding their way into his calloused hands. He grimaced as Nyma twirled around for the eighth time in five seconds.

"Keith, stop pouting and take my shot!!! My portfolio deadline is only so long ya know." She blinked rather obnoxiously.

"Yeah, ok." Keith held up the camera, waited for her to smile over her shoulder at him, and he took another "lovely" shot.

"How many am I taking again??"

Nyma frowned. "Well, depends how many you've done already."

"...was I supposed to be counting?"

Nyma sauntered over and leaned over his shoulder, looking at the image. Her bristly hair scratched his cheek, and her perfume was suffocating him. "Lovely!" She repeated as she said with every photo, whether it was good or bad.

"Mhm...lovely." Keith whistled as she went back to her original pose.

Finally, the clock hit 1, and Keith was grasping at his bags before Nyma could call for him. He hit the door at a light jog, and was full out sprinting by the time he reached Adam's office.

"Keith...?" Adam spoke, looking over his glasses at Keith. He was trying clearly to hide his smile.

"I- I couldn't- stand her-" Keith spat out, panting hard.

Adam laughed. "Well, I hate to say I told you so, but hmm..someone decided they were too big and bad to have any issue-"

"That's not what I said." Keith finally caught his breath. "But yeah, you were right."

Adam chuckled again as Keith sat down at the desk and propped his feet up. "Did you at least finish the portfolio?"

Keith shrugged, and grabbed for his leather bag. "Heh, you tell me. I'm not even sure if either of us were counting the amount of photos I took.."

"That's too bad, I was going to switch you over to Allura..." Adam shrugged.

"Don't joke like that." Keith said, running his hands through his hair.

"Who said I was joking?" Adam said, not a hint of amusement on his face.

Keith's lips slowly parted, his eyebrows furrowing with confusion as Adam laughed again. "Just kidding, chill."

Keith frowned. "See you can think that's funny cause you're not the one out there dealing with a bratty princess who is passive aggressive-"

"Keith??" It was Nyma, and she was at the door.

Keith made eye contact with Adam, who was on the verge of laughing again.

Adam stood up. "Hello Nyma, something you need?"

Nyma smiled and walked in, ignoring Adam and tapping Keith on the shoulder. Keith paused before sighing and looking at her. "Yeah?"

"What happened? You just dashed out?.."

"It's my lunch break." He said bluntly.

She raised an eyebrow. "And that means..."

"I'll put the portfolio together right now, okay?" Keith asked, his patience running very thin.

"Oh...I guess...I mean I thought we would take more pictures??" Nyma cocked her head, innocently.

Keith eyed her. "What do you not understand when I tell you-"