"Baby?" It comes out strangled. I take a breath and try again.

"Baby, I'm so sorry I failed you and let you down.  It's my fault you went through all that and I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you.  I know you want to hide away in your head and that's fine, can you just show me you're still in there?  Please forgive me, I would have given anything to take your place. Anything for you not to go through that.  I'm going to take you in the cabin and get you clean, and Zip is going to check you over.  He ...... I need to know what they did to you.  Can you tell me what they did?  Can you speak to me and let me know? Baby?  It's ok, I love you so much and I'm going to get you through this.  I'm going to be with you every step of the way to get you better, we are in this together.  I'm going to take you in and get in the shower with you so I can help you get clean."

I get out of the truck and carry her through the door that's been left open, I hear water running in the shower and Zip just nods at me. He turned the water on to get hot, so I wouldn't have to wait.  I set her down on the toilet so I can get the t shirt off.  Taking my shirt off, I set her in the tub and remember all the times I had to help her when her arm and leg were still in a cast.  After I put her down in the tub, she just sits there, limp and not moving. I kick off my boots and strip down to my boxer briefs, I don't want her to not recognize me and get scared.  I grab her body wash and shampoo; I knew she would want her own stuff when she got out of that place, so I packed a small bag for her.  I grab one of my t shirts for her, I want her in my clothes right now.  After laying some towels out for us, I climb in behind her.  I turn her around, so her back is to the spray, filling in what space is left and trying not to touch her with my body, I get on my knees in front of her and begin washing her from her head down.  I rub shampoo in her long hair over and over, until the suds are white showing me the dirt is gone; then I do it one more time just because.  I rub her body wash on a cloth and begin with her face, she closes her eyes so I can clean her delicate lids.  I really wish I could scrub her body to get the filth off, but she's so bruised and I know the cuts sting; I even see teeth marks in places.  I work my way down her body, soaping and rinsing over and over; I scrub everywhere as hard as I can.  I reach her pussy and she doesn't flinch, but when I reach to clean her back hole, she jumps; she must really hurt if she recognized that pain from where she's hiding, her facial expression didn't change though.  I've been washing her for over an hour now and she still hasn't looked at me.  I turn her back around, so I can get in the spray and get clean. I wash quickly and turn the water off.  Lifting her up so she can sit on the side of the tub while I dry her off and then I dry myself, wrapping a towel around my waist and once I'm covered, I peel my wet boxers off and toss them across the room making a wet slapping sound.  I continue to squeeze water out of her hair, before I run a brush through it, I work and work to get all the tangles out.  I get her a toothbrush and put just water on it, I know I can't get her to stand and rinse her mouth.  Once I'm done, I place my t shirt over her head, when she's covered, I pull the towel from under the shirt and carry her to the bedroom, laying her on the bed and pulling a blanket over her.  She rolls onto her side and curls into herself before I've even stepped away.  I get dressed and gather the clothes to be washed.  I stick my head out and let Zip know I'm through.  I tell him how she didn't flinch when I touched her, but after everything that fucker said he did, he's going to test for any STD's they could have given her.  I step back in with him following me and let her know what's going to happen, she never acknowledges that we are there.  He tells me to leave and I go to the kitchen to fix her some food.  She was so skinny, did they even feed her?  As soon as Zip tells me what he finds, I'll call Tank.  Robot called him and told him we had her, but he needs to hear from me what they did to her.  I need to decide what to do next, we aren't staying in this place and I can't take her back to the club right now. Maybe a visit to her house in New Orleans?  Right now, I just need to know if she's ok.  I don't have to wait long for my answers.  Zip steps out and calls me out on the porch.

"Well?"

"Her throat is swollen and raw, and her ass ..... I don't know how many times he used her, but I know she hurts, no permanent damage, some bleeding.  She is swollen and there are some abrasions in her pussy, that was probably done from fingernails.  I've got a drip going with some pretty potent antibiotics, she is still a virgin.  She wasn't raped, so I believe it was his intent to sell her, we'll know more about that after Robot goes through the computers.  Nothing broken, minor cuts, probably from the rough treatment; she wasn't purposely cut.  She does have a lot of bruising, no internal damage, and she's malnourished; I don't think she got much to eat, and she's dehydrated.  Get a couple of drips in her and she might feel better.  She needs to eat small portions several times a day.  I guess you're cutting out of here soon?"

"Yeah, I gotta call her pops, but I want to talk to Boss first and see if they found anything else in the warehouse."

"Alright man go on back in there and talk to her it will help, and Boss won't be back for a while."

"Thanks for what you did for her, I know it wasn't any easier for you to do, then for her to go through it."

"Honestly, she probably won't remember.  The mind is an amazing thing and depending when she blocked everything out, she may not remember most of it.  But she still needs to process it and deal with it.  Don't be afraid to get her therapy later if she will go."

"I will, thanks."

Going back in there, she's just like I left her.  I lay down next to her, facing her, I want to touch her, but I don't want to upset her.  So, I just reach for her hand and hold her hand.  The adrenaline is wearing off and I'm exhausted.

"Baby, I'm right here beside you and I'm not going anywhere; I'll be right here next to you when you wake up.  I love you so much and as much as I want to hold you right now, I'll wait till you're ready."

I'm finally able to drift off and sleep peacefully, knowing she's under the same roof as me and I'm able to reach out and touch her.  I know Zip will be in and out of here a couple of more times to change out the IV.  And I really have a lot to do, but right now, I make the decision to be next to her, to hell with the rest of the world, she is more important at this moment.  I failed her and I have to make that up to her. Somehow.  And with my failure weighing heavily on me, that is my last thought before sleep overtakes me.