The Top 10 Most Anticipate Films of 2020

So, new year's starting, a lot of new movies coming up. Before I get into my most anticipated movies of 2020, I should address my New Year resolution in terms of movies. The basic of it is that I want to try be more open-minded. I'm going to try even harder to go into movies fresh, cutting out all pre-existing expectations about the film before watching it. I'll try to, at least. This means I've cut down on my anticipated list. Previously I look up all the movies that might be coming out and having a big list with honorable mentions. This approach meant I end up forming a lot of expectations about the films and the year as a whole. I don't really want that anymore so this time, I'm just looking through the current release list for my local cinema. I'm not going out of my way to watch the trailers. This ranking is based on personal interest, the filmmakers attached and even the name of the movie.

10. The Woman in the Window

I was hooked by this movie's trailer

I was hooked by this movie's trailer. I don't know much about it except that it seems like a modern version of Hitchcock's Rear Window. I also know that Amy Adams is one of my... no, my favorite actress of all time. This performance looks like it's going to be really good even if the movie has a tint of The Girl on the Train. But the wildcard here for me is Joe Wright. This guys has a weird record as a director. He has an Oscar nomination under him with Darkest Hour. He clearly knows how to direct an actor. But despite the Oscar, I didn't love Darkest Hour – Oscar bait movies aren't proofs that you're a great director. Plus he directed one of the shittiest films of the decade with Pan. But his earlier film Atonement is still one of my favorite movies of the 2000s. So I'm not sure how this movie is going to go. And honestly that's half the appeal right there.

9. A Quiet Place: Part II

A Quiet Place was actually one of the most interesting movies of 2018

A Quiet Place was actually one of the most interesting movies of 2018. I kind of regret not putting it in my top 12 list that year. But I can't really blame myself because I only found out how much I like that first movie when I got unexpectedly excited for the sequel. At first I'm not sure what we could expect from this film. I was just excited. Then the trailer dropped right before I started writing and I am even more excited. It looks as well directed as the first and seems to be asking some really difficult questions: the kind of progression you would want in a sequel building on a simple premise.