T H I R T Y - N I N E

Start from the beginning

He casted a spell, which made Ron free from the tight ropes. As he was about to free y/n. The merpeople started to crowd over Harry, which making his mission even more hard and impossible to get out from here. Harry gave his best to fight off the merpeople.

Whilst he was fighting under the lake. All of the people started to buzz around, as they watch the clock slowly ticking off. Fleur was up at the platform, sobbing that she didn't save y/n. Hermione went beside her and asked what happened.

"What happened back there?" asked Hermione, placing her hand on her shoulder. Fleur began explaining, but Hermione didn't understand to what she was saying because she's speaking in French. The only word she understand was, "I'm sorry."

Hermione nodded and told her y/n's going to be alright. Cedric was also frantic, pacing back and forth, wanting to dive back in to save y/n. He couldn't believe that y/n was involved by this, and he knew that later or sooner, the parents of y/n will owl her by the time she gets back to the platform.

Draco harshly grabbed the binoculars of the kid once again, "Give me that!" the little boy demanded, kicking him at the his legs. Draco just ignored the little kid and went back to look for y/n.

Where the hell is she?

He saw Fleur, but y/n was never there. Cho and Granger were already at the platform. This led Draco to think that y/n was still down there with Harry and Ron. He never thought that in his life he would tell himself this:

Make sure that Potter save y/n or else, I would definitely push him to the merpeople.

Draco hate himself for thinking this and it was more like praying that Potter would be saf- no. He was disgusted- awfully disgusted. Draco sighed and corrected his brain for that.

It was more like praying that Potter would get back here as soon as possible so that I can see y/n.

That's more like it, he smiled to himself. He placed the binoculars on his eyes, looking for a sign that they will come back. Under the lake, Harry knew that the gillyweed was slowly washing off. He couldn't breathe clearly anymore. Harry was almost at the top, but then he was attacked. And so, he gave all his might to push Ron and y/n at the surface whilst he was slowly sinking.

Ron and y/n gasped for air. Y/n wasn't fond of the water and Ron knew that because he remembered y/n telling the trio that she don't know how to swim well. Ron grabbed her and guided her to the surface.

As soon they were pulled up, Hermione quickly rushed to her two best friend and gave them a warm towel. She hugged them both, as if she's not going to see the two again.

"I'm glad that you're okay!" exclaimed Hermione, "But where's Harry?"

Ron shrugged his shoulder and rubbed his arm up and down, trying to warm himself up. Hermione's face began to pale and started thinking the worst scenario of all time. She rushed herself to the front waiting for Harry to show up. Ron and y/n was left alone, surround by their fellow housemate, warming them up.

"Thank you," y/n blurted out to Ron, who was startled at first, but then gave fixed his expression. He gave a small smile to her and nodded.

"You weren't a swimmer after all. That's why I needed to guide you," chuckled Ron. When y/n heard that she found it very odd but comforting at some point.

"Are you still cold?" He asked y/n, who was still shivering. Y/n nodded whilst rubbing her palm together. Ron pressed his lip and then gave his towel to y/n, wrapping it around her shoulder.

"I thought you don't consider me as your best friend anymore," said y/n, bunching her brows in confusion. She really thought that after the yule ball, Ron would ignore her for the rest of the school year.