Arc 1 Chapter 1: Satsuki Kiryuin; Queen Bee

Start from the beginning

You: How late it is?

Satsuki: Nearly Eleven o'clock. You've been out here for five hours now.

You: Five hours? I've really been in here for that long? Maybe I do need to stop pushing myself so hard...

Satsuki takes your tea cup and places it by a stand that held wooden practice swords.

She picks two swords up, handing one to you.

Satsuki: Then let's see if that practice payed of shall we?

She rushes you before you could agree to the sudden sparring match.

The swords bounce off one another with the sounds of wood striking wood filling your ears. Satsuki kept a focused and stern stare while fighting against you.

Her heavy strikes were like weights being slammed with unrelenting force against your sore muscles.

The hours of training finally kick in.

You dodge a strike by moving left.

You dodge another by moving back right.

Then you duck a horizontal attack and slash the round wood across her torso in a gentle yet firm manner. The wood slid across the silk garment without a sound.

You could feel the pressure of her firm abdomen in the hilt of the sword.

Satsuki stumbles back as she registers the hit.

Satsuki: Bravo. That was a clean blow.

You: I nearly tripped again on that last strike. I'm going to keep practicing that move. It's useful but the foot work is hard to master.

Satsuki: I have no doubt. But you're stopping for tonight, you smell like a pig.

You take a whiff of your arm and recoil at the stench coming off of you.

You: My God! You're right. I'm gonna go shower.

Satsuki: And I'm off to bed. Have a goodnight (R/N). We have a long day tomorrow.

She bows to you.

You do the same.

You and Satsuki lived near the top of Honnouji Academy's tower. The positions of President and Vice-President ment that you two always had to be present at the school in case special attention was needed.

You lived a floor below Satsuki as a reflection of your position. No matter what, you were always right behind her at the Academy.

In a way, you were a in her shadow, but unlike many others who would spite her for this, you enjoyed being her second in command. Power wasn't something you were concerned with.

What did concern you was her safety and security. As Vice-President, you acted as the armor that rested on her body. It was your duty to be the last line of defense between her and her foes. If you failed, she would be put into harm's way. Luckily she knew how to take care of herself so you didn't have to worry about much of anything.

You went to the shower room and cleaned yourself with soothing hot water.

Ten minutes later, you exit the shower and begin dressing yourself but before putting on your shirt, you gaze at a long diagonal scar that led from your right shoulder to your abdomen.

This scar was given to you by none other than yourself as a commitment to Satsuki Kiryuin. She found you when you were at your lowest.

A boy with no purpose, no family, and no future.