04 || 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍

𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍

"Get up!" 

I groan in pain, rolling over onto my back. We have been training for what felt like hours, with the sun already fallen and the moon replacing it. I look down at my now replaced skirt to my thick brown combat pants that are coated with dirt. 

"I can't," I ground out meeting General Todoroki's harsh stair. 

"Yes, you can. You are much stronger than you think you are," he says, trying to give me a small boost of confidence. 

It seemed to do the trick as I slowly staggered up onto my feet and took a small step forward. With the small amount of energy I had left in my system, I ran at him raising my fist. 

Instantly, he moves into a defensive position to then grab my wrists and once again flip me onto my back. 

I let out a yell of pain as soon as my back came into contact with the rough ground.

"You keep repeating your movements, and by now, you would be dead," the General fumes, stomping over to be standing over my head casting a shadow. 

"The last time I did actual combat was with my father and that was 5 years ago," I cough out, getting into a sitting position. 

"Here," the General stuck out a hand, asking if I needed help. I, of course, take his calloused hand. 

Within an instant, I was hauled up onto my feet too which my lips curl into a smirk. 

My hand worked its way around the General's tanned wrist to then twist his arm making him turn, facing his back towards me. 

I grab his other wrist and kicked the backs of his legs, making him fall to his knees. I let go of his hands to then kick the back of his head making him face plant into the gravel which will surely leave a scratch.     

I let out a triumphant cheer, punching the sky, and twirled around. A small chuckle came from behind me making me turn to once again meet bright blue eyes. 

For what felt like minutes, I was just standing there, staring into his ocean blue orbs getting lost in my thoughts. 

'Why is my heart tingling like that

"Dinner will be served shortly in the dining hall," was all General Todoroki said before turning on his battle boots' heels and walking in an unknown direction. 

"W-wait!" I call after him, jogging up to his side. 

We both entered through large doors which could fit giants through into a long hallway. Lit torches were placed every few meters giving the corridors a soft hue of orange.

"So, you said your father taught you combat?" The General asks in a monotone voice, keeping a poker face. I look down at both my very scarred hands and clenched them into tight balls. 

"Yes, although I forgot most of his techniques I still have the lessons ingrained into my mind," I say with slight anger. 

"You don't seem too happy about it?" he questions slightly turning his neck to face my saddened expression. 

"Yeah, if I did something wrong he would hit me," I sigh, wondering why I'm telling this stranger my past problems. 

"It's also why I would rather use my mother's last name than my father's," I add on. 

"What's your father's last name?" He asks intrigued. 

"Shigaraki,"

"Hmm... I think I have heard that name somewhere," he says, mostly talking to himself.

"My brother and I have different fathers since when my mother found out about what my father was doing to me, she left him for another guy which was 5 years ago," 

"Have you seen him since?" The General asks with pity. 'I don't need pity'   

"No," I answer and uncurled my fists which were white as paper. 

"Oh, we're here," the General pipes after a short uncomfortable silence and turns towards large wooden doors.

He opens them and the blaring of chatting and laughing filled my ears. The room was large and held many tables which were occupied by many different people and creatures. 

Most were in groups that were talking, playing cards, wrestling, or just drunk off their minds. One table though seemed completely quiet though, with each of them keeping to themselves. 

"Oi General! Over here!" A male voice yelled over the large crowd making Todoroki turn and head in their direction not giving me a second glance. 

'Thanks a lot, bud'

My eyes scan over the hall and I sigh in defeat. 

'Where the hell am I gonna sit?'