open this when; it's time to say goodbye.

Dear Jennie,

I'm writing this on June 21st, 2015. My estimated death date.

I've got a deluge of tears and moisture streaming down my cheeks. My hands are quivering as I'm writing this, and my vision is obscured.

I just can't believe it's time to say goodbye.

After weeks and weeks of writing these clandestine letters, of stringing words of my rawest quality from the intricate innermost depths of my mind and soul, I sort of got accustomed to it.

And it just had to end.

I didn't want it to end.

At first, it was painful. But then I realised that perhaps these letters would be what consoles you during times when you needed me but I was not physically present.

And so, writing these soulful letters became an easier task, with the notion that these would at least bring a little solace in your life once I've become a memory.

And knowing that perhaps death isn't the last chapter after all. Is there something beyond death?

I hope there is. If we go onto the next path after death, will it be our last path, or are we destined to keep walking?

Either way, I am always here. Lighting your path.

You never walk alone. Always remember that.

And... There are so many other things I want to tell you before I officially end this series of letters.

First, I would like to thank you for every second, every minute, every hour and every day I spent with you. These moments were the happiest moments of my life.

Thank you for loving me; for accepting me. Thank you for staying with me until the end (of this path, at least). I'm going to miss you so much, but I'm always here watching over you and listening to you.

Is it possible to say that I miss you already, just seeing our pictures together, even if I haven't even 'left' yet?

Please continue to take care of yourself, okay?

Tell Mom & Dad I miss them and that I love them, please. Tell the boys to not miss me too much, hahaha. Tell Jin that I miss him and his corny dad jokes. They never failed to make me smile.

You don't need these letters anymore, Jennie. You've completely moved on, and you have your own family now. You don't need me anymore.

Thank you for loving me unconditionally. Thank you for taking care of me, for always being so gentle and compassionate. Thank you for reading my letters that I soulfully wrote for you until the end.

I just wanted you to know that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I know it hurts that I'll only be a memory to you. But I need you to promise me something, okay?

Keep me in your heart 'till we meet again, love.

When spring comes and flowers bloom, will you still remember me?

I love you. I always have, and I always will.

Love,
Park Jimin.

-

Tears glistened in Jennie's eyes as she closed the final letter. Her hands trembled as she slowly opened the small box that came with it.

The brunette had eventually learned to cope with her grief. She never looked at it as something that would slip away completely... But after years of raw sorrow whenever each memory up to the last would play incessantly in her head like a broken vinyl record, after years of allowing grief to take her ten feet under and crawl into every crevice of her being... She finally got to remember the good, cherished moments she had spent with Jimin... without having to remember how they ended.

Grief was the ultimate price she had to pay for love.

Fingers trembling and lips quivering, Jennie took out the beautiful accessory and carefully opened the beautiful heart-shaped locket that had the letter J etched on the front.

She gasped softly.

Inside it was a photo of the two of them a few years ago, with Jennie's head on Jimin's chest as they laid against the cherry blossom tree one spring morning.

Jennie remembered this day all too well.

Dated June 21st, 2015, there was a small note on the other side of the locket.