"No, I mean like somebody who doesn't have friends."

******

Sunday night Stiles laid back on his bed as Scott sat at his desk desperately trying to do homework.

"I just don't get it," Stiles whined. "Things were going so well."

"Brooke's good at hiding things," Scott told him. "I think we've learned that by now."

Stiles sat up. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Scott swiveled in his chair to face Stiles. "I mean first there was the alpha, and then Peter, and then this dream she had, and now Isaac's missing? I'm just saying maybe we didn't know her as well as we thought we did."

"Yeah, I guess not," Stiles agreed reluctantly. Scott nodded and turned back around to his computer. "I don't know I just feel like we're missing part of the bigger picture. Brooke wouldn't just turn on us... Are you seriously doing homework right now?"

Scott swiveled around in his chair again. "Yes! I actually want to be a junior next year. Everything is crazy right now, yeah, but if we get it to calm down I don't want to find out I've failed and have to repeat tenth grade."

"Fine!" Stiles gave in, allowing Scott to turn back around to his homework. They sat in quiet for just over a minute before Stiles spoke again. "What if Derek isn't totally in the wrong here? I mean he said he's giving them a choice, right?"

Scott turned back to face Stiles and began packing up his things. "If we don't put a stop to Derek now it's going to get out of control and blow up in our faces. If you want an excuse to talk to Brooke just talk to her."

"What? I- I don't know what you're talking about," Stiles stuttered. Scott ignored him as he picked up his things and headed towards the door. "Wait, where are you going?"

Scott looked at him with annoyance. "To do my homework at home."

******

Brooke's dad arrived back in Beacon Hills early Monday morning as she was getting ready for school. Brooke felt unease curdle in her stomach at the sight of her father. It wasn't that she wasn't excited for him to be home—she was. She just wasn't looking forward to him stepping back into the world of the supernatural.

"How was the last full moon?" Bryan asked as Brooke poured herself coffee.

"Fine," she lied.

"And I'm hoping you have nothing to do with this escaped fugitive?

Brooke put down her mug and gave her dad the most convincing smile she could. "Of course not. I've just been spending more time with Derek since the other Argents arrived."

Bryan frowned at the last name, remembering the huntress that had killed half of his family in the Hale house fire. He looked at his daughter worriedly. "And you're being careful?"

"Of course," Brooke said. Her words must have been convincing because Bryan excused himself from the kitchen island, telling her that he was going to sleep off the jet lag.

Allison drove Brooke to school that morning, and handed the blonde a cup of coffee as she got in the car. The drive to the school was short and the girls walked together to their first period. The girls' discussion remained somewhat casual, but when Allison brought up Lydia taking the PSAT the past weekend, Brooke frowned at the memory of them at the ice rink.

"You okay, B?" Allison asked, noticing the shift in her expressions.

"Yeah, I'm just worried about her, Al," Brooke said. She took a sip of her coffee and fiddled with the lid. "I can't help her. I honestly don't know what's happening to her, and that scares me."