twenty four

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR:

CODE BREAKER, PART TWO

Brooke didn't get a chance to recover before her hand was ripped from Stiles' and they were thrown into an empty hospital room. Stiles and Jackson fell onto the empty bed, but Brooke managed to balance herself before completely falling. She rubbed her shoulder and glared at the hunter that dragged her.

"Let's try this again," Chris Argent said, locking the doors to the room. "Where is Scott McCall?"

The three teens remained silent. Chris Argent rolled his eyes before roughly grabbing Stiles and slamming him against a cabinet. Brooke went to intervene but a hand grasped her injured shoulder, causing her to wince and fall backwards.

"Let me ask you a question, Stiles. Have you ever seen a rabid dog?" Chris Argent asked.

"No, but I could put it on my to do list if you let me go," Stiles retorted. His eyes flickered to Brooke as she rubbed her shoulder. Chris Argent noticed this exchanged and signaled one of the hunters. He grabbed Brooke by the shoulder and pressed down on it, forcing her to fall to her knees in pain. "Stop it!"

"I have seen a rabid dog," Chris Argent said. "And the only thing I can compare it to is seeing a friend of mine turn on a full moon."

"Your friend must have terrible self-control," Brooke quipped from the ground. The pressure on her shoulder increased.

"Yeah, and he tried to kill me," Chris Argent continued his story. "I was forced to put a bullet in his head. The whole while that he lay there dying, he was still trying to claw his way toward me. Still trying to kill me like it was the most important thing he could do with his last breath. Can you imagine that?"

"No," Stiles said. His eyes flickered to Brooke again. "And it sounds like you need to be a little more selective—"

"Did Scott try kill you on the full moon?" Argent interrupted. "Did you have to lock him up?"

"Yeah, I did," Stiles responded. "I had to handcuff him to a radiator. Why? Would you prefer I locked him in a basement and burn the whole house down around him?"

"Stiles!" Brooke said in horror.

Chris chuckled and moved away from Stiles, the hunter behind Brooke letting her go as well. She stood up slowly as Chris Argent kept talking. "I hate to dispel a popular rumor, Stiles, but we never did that."

Brooke laughed out loud, gaining Argent's attention. "Right, because no one ever breaks 'the code'."

"Never," Chris denied.

"What if someone does?" Stiles asked.

Chris looked back and forth between the two. "Someone like who?"