🌸 Chapter 15 🌸

Start from the beginning

I frowned, a deep crease forming between my eyebrows, "And I'll do that h-?".

"Using this." He cut me of, shoving what looked to be a smokey grey cube into my opened palms. "It's like a more advanced Walki-Talki". I rubbed my thumb over the brand imprinted into the box reading 'Raven', where had I heard that before?

"So if we're searching that building is there an important reason to be on this one instead?" I hummed, glancing up to Fatgum.

"We need to make this quick. If you phase through this building it'll be an easier job of teleporting to the the target area than if you were already on the ground. Now go, and-" He chuckled loosely, "Don't go losing your clothes, we don't need you storming in there butt naked again".

I replied with a gentle smile, one that could be perceived as more of a strained grimace. I rocked my head back, staring through hooded eyes at the cloudy sky hanging drearily above me, before inspiring a breath that filled my lungs leaving them with a dull burn; an ache that held nothing compared to the throb of my grieving heart. And then, I fell.

The feeling of senseless, of nothing, would never become familiar to me, but it was a small price to pay for the safety of those around me. The burning sensation swelling in my lungs was intolerable but I had to wait, I had to hold on just a little longer, angle myself, clear my mind and...

I opened my eyes to a shabby corridor held up by support beams, and I was welcomed by the crackle of the cube. "Good you're in. Now the tracker can't show me the leverage of the chip but... If it's on that floor it should be diagonal to you on the left".

I followed down the corridor in the direction I assumed was diagonal left, checking in the occasional room all of which were empty. "You're straying from the path Mirio, don't worry about extra rooms, anyway it should be right ahead of you". I nodded firmly, as if he could hear me and strode further into the complex. I placed my hand on the sealed metal vault where the signal supposedly came from, it was cool to the touch and helped calm my now skyrocketing pulse. Hesitantly, I activated my quirk phasing through the secured metal door and into the room that was concealed behind it.

I wasn't sure what to expect. There were physical signs of past life here, cigarette stubs and empty coke bottles, but no dweller. The room was much cooler, an airy breeze filtering in from the lone window. Dirty maroon smears stained the lower walls and I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth when I spotted a discarded lump of clothing crumpled in the corner. "This is the place, Mirio. You find anything?"

I couldn't form an answer, instead, I stumbled, blindly following my gut to the corner of the room where I slumped before the fabric.

I gulped back a cry when I lifted the fabric of the ground, the same maroon smudges littering the attire. It was indeed Tamaki's hero suit.

My whole body rattled frantically as my world spun around me like ravenous vultures circling their prey. The fabric slipped from my trembling hands and all at once the silence became to loud. "Mirio, are you okay?" Fatgums voice spluttered through the box and I found myself tearing at my hair as my teeth jittered and crunched against one another.

"HOW CAN I BE OKAY!?" My voice cracked as my desperate scream clawed out my throat, "HOW CAN I BE OKAY WITH ALL THIS!?"

I longed to cry, I wished to release all this pain and heartbreak welling inside of me but I had long since run out of tears to shed. 

The padding of feet had creeped up on me all to quickly but like my tears I had run out of fucks to give.

"Aww, this is adorable don't tell me you actually cared about that sweet little birdie" A chuckle resounded from behind me, a chuckle that didn't belong to Fatgum.

I sharply snapped my head around a manic, desperate expression etched into my face as my broken blue orbs met glinting amber one.

"Ah! You did, didn't you" Another chuckle filled the room as his sickly sweet cackle echoed through my head.

"Wha... What h-have you d-done to T..Tama-". My voice was a broken down sob, a whisper compared to this mans' snarky voice.

"Ooooh... You mean Tamaki? He was a cute one, wasn't he. So fun to play wi-"

"I SAID WHERE'S TAMAKI?!" I had lost all sense of myself, it was a fight between my inner rage and my desperation to curl up into a ball and shut out the world.

"You really wanna know what I did to him?" he sung out, obviously amused by my peril.

All I could do was nod helplessly and wait for the agonising pain that came laced with the words that would eventually spill from his mouth and shatter my world further.

Again, another psychotic chuckle that held me at his mercy, "I was the fool who killed him".