🌸 Chapter 12 🌸

Tamaki's pov~

My body rolled across the cracked pavement a sliver of red trailing from my landing point to where I lay lifeless in the road. I lay on my back limbs sprawled out like a starfish, staring up at the clouds through hooded indigo orbs. It was going to rain. I heaved a sigh, forcing my lungs to take in oxygen, however much I'd rather drown in my own self depressing thoughts.

I rolled onto my front and pushed myself to stand up, stumbling back a few steps as my legs tried to remember how to walk again.

I began to wobble down the street, I just needed to get away from here, from them.

The road was large and spacious, it would have most likely been quite popular if it wasn't reduced to a tattered mess. Ivy licked up dulled brick walls and shriveled weeds grew in between the cracks and crevice in the pavement tile, it was a dead city, filled with the silent cries of it's past inhabitants.

I had been walking for a while now, and the tall building I had once called my prison was long out of site. My new prison was the twisting winding roads that lead me further and further into the depths of this unkempt wasteland. I continued to trudge down the streets, a soldier, winded from battle, combing through the battlefield, desperately searching for his friends, his home. My home.

Eventually tall iron fencing rose at my side, barring in a large park. The park was blanketed in soft green shoots of grass and the occasional tree speckled the domain. A spot of green in a grey district. I focused my attention to the fence, it was to tall to scale but it was a park and it would have an entrance. I followed the fence down the street until it merged into an iron gate, chained closed but still hanging slightly ajar.

Hesitantly, I glanced around; no one in sight. Crossing my fingers, I sucked in, squeezing between the gates and into the park. I had always liked nature it was gentle and peaceful, it helped me calm my nerves. As I looked around me taking in the tall trees and the crisp breeze that ruffled my indigo tufts, I exhaled a long breath of air, rolling back my shoulders. For the first time in- I didn't remember how long- I felt peaceful. Ignoring the pain that was beginning to climb up my abdomen, I limped down the network of cement paths spread across the park.

I came to a stop next to a lake that spread across the expanse of the park, it was hard to precisely say were the lake started and stopped due to thick reads that obscured most of my vision. The lake, like the rest of this district was abandoned and overgrown.

I took a seat on a park bench overlooking the lake, drawing my legs up to my chest I rocked my body gently. I wish you were here Mirio.

Hesitantly, I looked down to examine the damage done to my thigh. The clothing had been melted away for the most part, the lower half of my trouser leg hanging on by threads. The wound itself looked a lot worse then when I first checked, the flesh had been eaten away by the acid and what flesh remained was raw, red and speckled black. A large crater in my leg still pumping out fresh blood, it looked like something from a horror movie. The air wreaked of rotting flesh, gangrene, and the skin around it was swollen and crusted in a thick layer of blood. On the good side of things the pain in my leg had numbed now, or maybe that was a bad thing?

I turned to lay on my back, admiring the emerald leaves that danced across my view so delicately.

Mirio's pov~

I shuffled around in my plush plaid bed covered in multiple blankets and fluffed up dog pillows, in one had I clutched my phone, which was currently playing a mashup of 'Adorable kitten vines', and in the other hand I cradled a tub of Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie. I shoveled another spoonful of the chocolaty goodness into my mouth, gulping it down without another thought.

I hadn't been to school the past few days. I couldn't find the will nor the effort to move from my the comfort of my bed, all that waited for me at school was piteous stares and awkward conversations, plus... he wouldn't be there. I popped another sweet into my mouth swirling it around my tongue, but not really tasting it. I ignored the series of 'Pings!' from my phone continuing to lazily scroll through YouTube, who even wanted to watch 'League of villains steel the crown joules' anyway? Multiple raps at the door broke my trance and, begrudgingly, I slipped out the nest I had piled high with blankets and heated water bottles. I probably looked a mess opening the door in nothing but boxers, blond hair disheveled and dark circles pulling at my dulled blue eyes. Hadou stared me up and down a moody pout pulling at her lips "Damn, Togata!" she folded her arms over her chest, eyebrows knitting together "You look like shit."

"Well if that's all you came to say, i'll be going" I half spat, attempting to shut the door on her. Hadou's hand slipped through the crack and pried open the door with surprising strength "Hey, Look! I came to check if you were okay." She bit down on her lip as though she were pondering if it was safe to say her next words "I know you're upset, he meant a lot to all of us, but you can't cut yourself of from the world." She pried open the door further, strutting into my apartment with a goal. I trailed after her, grabbing a T-shirt discarded on the floor and slipping it over my head "You say it like he's dead" I grumbled, letting her usher me into my room. She scrunched her nose at the state of my room, clothes and empty sweet rappers scattered around the room, muttering a sarcastic "men" under her breath, she took a seat at the end of my bed and patted the spot next to her, waiting for me to abide before continuing.

"How d'ya feel about all this?" She sighed resting her cheek in her palm reminding me very much of a marshmallow.

I returned my gaze to the palms of my hands tracing the deep creases with the pad of my thumb. "I didn't let you in for therapy sessions" I said sourly my orbs still trained to my hand, had I been paying attention I wouldn't have missed the pained expression that stained her features.

"This isn't like you Toga" she placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder, a solemn smile playing at her lips. It was clear to me that she cared, that she missed him dearly too; but right now the overwhelming thoughts of him drowned my mind, choking all sense out of me.

"Talk to me; tell me how you really feel".

Her soft words were dashed with a touch of her own pain, pain that she had been concealing as not to hurt me.

Her words were the final straw tipping me over the edge, tears threatened to spill from the corner of my eyes as my world cracked around me. I threw my head down, covering my ears with trembling hands as maybe to drown out the words about to leave my mouth.

" I... I love him! I love him s-so fucking much!" I clamped my hands harder over my ears, my voice braking and trembling as I admitted to years worth of hidden feelings. "W-why? Why do I only r-realise my bullshit feelings-" I sucked in a sharp breath, "When the only person I ever truly loved in this world is gone!"

The tears were coming now, raging rivers gushing from my eyes. Hadou's arms were curled around my neck now, drawing me into a well needed hug. I felt Hadou's silent sobs rack my body as her tears stained my sweaty blue shirt.

"Guess that makes two of us".

Hehehe bet you didn't see that one coming