Chapter Twenty-Nine.

Start from the beginning

Your jock was right about one thing. I did find pleasure in the recording because I find pleasure in you. How you look, how you sound. Your kindness towards others, even when they don't deserve it. Everything about you is pleasurable and sensual and I can't help myself. I've listened to it more time than I can count.

But he's in my way. He showed up and pretended to be a good guy and you fell for it, Avery. You fell for it like everyone else did. You fell for the nice hair and athleticism. You fell for the good looks and charming personality. But I didn't. I see right through it. I see right through Finn Wilder. And I need him out of the picture.

I gulp at his name. Mason put more pressure in the ink, the name of the man I love almost scribbled in hatred and resentment.

Out of the picture? What does he plan to do? The thought of him finding a way to hurt Finn strikes fear straight through me and I am now realizing that that's probably how he's feeling right now. I need to find a way out of here.

I know that you still care for me, Avery. I can see it in the way you look at me. I think that you like that I listened to you and him. I think you thought about me that night. I think that you still have feelings for me. Actually, I know you do.

You saved me from him that Tuesday the recording came out. You could of let him hurt me the way he wanted too. But you saved me. I saw the way you were looking at me that you cared for me. I saw the lust in your eyes when you saw what you did to me. So now I'm going to save you from him.

And when you tried to stop him that night at the bookstore. I saw that same look. And God, I wanted to kill him when he made you cry. I would still do it if you wanted me too. I would do anything you wanted me too.

But then I saw his car outside your house. You let him back in. You were weak and let him in no matter how much he hurt you. No matter how much he hurt the one you really do love.

Oh my God. He's fucking delusional. I didn't stop it because I care about Mason, I stopped it because I care about Finn. I didn't want him to do those things because I love him.

I love you, Avery. I never stopped loving you and I know you're just confused in your relationship right now. But I forgive you and I want us to try again. You won't ever have to think about that asshole ever again. We can be together. Forever.

Let's try again.

Sincerely, your only love,

Mason

I flinch back when I feel his hand on my cheek, wiping away a tear. He doesn't even notice how mortified I am. "I knew you'd cry. You've always been a romantic."

Oh, God. I don't want to be here. I don't want to be around him. I want Finn. All I want is Finn right now.

Oh God, he's leaning in. He's going to kiss me. I have to kiss him, right? I'm afraid of what he'll do if I don't but I can't do that to Finn.

His wet lips hit mine and I instantly feel sick. They feel foreign despite the fact that I've kissed them before. I never want to kiss anyone but Finn. I want Finn.

I love Finn. I love Finn with everything in me and the guilt of having someone else's lips on mine burns a hole right through my chest. I just want to curl up and die.

He pushes his tongue between my lips and I gag, but he doesn't even flinch. I squeeze my eyes shut as his tongue roams my mouth and hand roams my body, feeling the tears hit my cheeks. I hate this. I hate this so much. I just fucking want Finn.