Chapter 13

When Emile left the room he quietly shut the door. He waited for a minute before he heard the plate being picked up from the nightstand. He smiled to himself before he headed down the stairs and to the living room where he found Patton trying to soothe a distraught Roman. 

“Shh, it’ll be okay.” Patton cooed reassuringly. 

“He hates me Patton! He is going to reject me!” Roman cried.

“He doesn’t even know how to do that.” Patton tried to help, but that was not the right move apparently, because Roman only cried harder. 

“That isn’t fair to him! He should be able to make that choice himself! I have to tell him how otherwise I’ll never feel right about it. And when I do tell him. I lose him.” Roman said miserably.
Emile knocked gently on the wall to grab their attention. They both looked up at Emile with curious eyes. Roman quickly stood up and started spewing questions. “How is he? Is he okay? Did you get him to eat? Is….” 

 “Roman,” Emile gently interrupted. “He is fine, and I don’t think he will have to much issue about eating anymore.”

“How did you manage that?” Roman asked amazed.

“I can’t tell you without loosing Virgil’s trust. I made him a promise that I intend to keep.” Emile said simply. 

“Roman I need to talk to you. Oh, my apologies I didn’t mean to interrupt.” Logan states after he enters the room a stack of papers in his hands.  

“It’s fine Logan.” Roman said.

“What is your plan for tomorrow?” Logan asked.

“My plan?” Roman asked confused. What was Logan talking about. 

“Tomorrow is the full moon.” Logan elaborated. 

Oh, that. 

Roman sighed, “We are going to have to put him down were all the new shifters go until he gets a handle on it.” 

“Oh, but he’ll be so scared and confused.” Patton said sadly. 

“Do you have any other ideas?” Roman asked. He knew there was no other option but he was secretly hoping Patton would be able to come up with one. Unfortunently Patton just shook his head sadly. “Well then, that means we are going to have to move Virgil to the dungeon.” 

    __________

    It was late in the evening the next day when Virgil started to feel off. He had been eating small portions of whatever food was given to him since Emile had stopped by, but had yet to leave the room. He had started feeling sick as soon as the sun had started setting. He was hot. He felt like his whole body was burning and he could feel the sweat starting to accumulate on his brow. He felt horrible. 

    “Virgil, I need you to come with me.” Emile said gently as he came into the room Virgil was in. The others had all decided Emile was the only one Virgil had listened to before it would be best to have him take Virgil down. 

    Virgil panted heavily and shook his head. The movement making him light headed. “I don’t feel good. I can’t move.”  Virgil groaned. 

Emile nodded in understanding. He moved over to Virgil and scooped him up in his arms. Virgil gasped from the shock of being moved and from the fact that Emile was so strong. Emile’s arms felt cool compared to Virgil’s boiling temperature. Virgil relaxed into the cool touch. He didn’t even realize he was being moved until he heard people talking. 

“Hey babe I haven’t seen you in forever I missed you.” Remy said spotting Emile then he saw Virgil. “Damn is he okay?” Remy asked. 

“Full moon.” Emile said simply.

“Oh shit it’s that time of the month already.” Remy asked. 

“Sweetheart I love you, but watch that mouth of yours.” Emile said as he started walking again leaving Remy behind smirking.

Virgil zoned out again, not being able to focus. His breathing becoming even more ragged. When suddenly a sharp pain ran down his spine making him jerk in Emile’s arms. Knowing what that meant Emile quickly picked up his pace. 

Emile finally made it down the final set of stairs into the cold dungeon when Virgil cried out in pain. Roman seemed to materialize out of nowhere and ripped Virgil from Emile’s arms. The electric hum the surrounded Virgil soothed him enough that his body relaxed slightly. Roman knew that would only help for so long. Virgil opened his eyes. They were glowing a bright purple and looked scared. His teeth had began to elongate and his nails were rapidly turning into claws, but that would be the only quick thing about this. Roman knew that the first shift was the worst and could last anywhere from three to six hours. It was going to be a long night for Virgil. 

Reluctantly Roman brought Virgil into one of the cells and placed him gently on the concrete. Virgil whimpered at lost touch and reached out. 

“Don’t go! Please don’t leave me!”

Roman walked outside of the cell doors and shut and locked them before he sat down next to where Virgil lay. He reached his hand through the bars and gently carted his fingers through Virgil’s hair. 

“I won’t leave. I promise.”