Code: Bastard

(Y/n) didn't see his head pop up above the water.  She'd thought it was a cruel joke, like the ones he'd said he would pull on his old partner.  But this was very real because he wasn't coming above the water and she couldn't see his form anywhere in the water!

"SHIT!"

She ran down to the sidewalks lining the canal as she began to jog alongside the river.  As (Y/n) ran, she looked for any signs of his body anywhere. 

For ten minutes she jogged downstream to see if his body would emerge from the depths of the canal, and she began to fear the worst.

Then she felt a tap on her shoulder as she turned around to see an officer with brown hair and innocent brown eyes staring at her with concern.  "Ma'am, this area is off-limits---Are you alright?"

She stared back at the officer before a small tear escaped her eyes as she said, "He jumped!"

The officer got a little concerned before he awkwardly patted her back and said, "Umm, who jumped and where?"

She printed downstream to the bridge off in the distance and said, "That fucking idiot detective jumped off the fucking bridge a-and he— he hasn't come up!"

The officer grew a little worried before he called another man over, this one had an aged look in his eyes as he said, "Ma'am this is a crime scene.  You said you saw a detective jump into the canal?"

She nodded her head before gripping the older man's brown coat in her hands as more tears escaped her eyes. "I don't know if he's dead or not!  H-he just jumped!"

The detectives recoiled at her tone before she heard a voice call for her from behind, "(Y/n)!? Let him go!  Why are you crying!?"

She felt someone grab her hand from off the detective's coat and she saw white hair, and purple-yellow eyes through her tears as she said, "DAZAI JUST JUMPED OFF THE FUDGING BRIDGE OVER THERE AND HE HASN'T COME UP YET!"

Atsushi stilled and said, "Really..."

She nodded and wiped away her stray tears and said, "What if he died... a-and I couldn't save him!?"

She felt another hand tap on her shoulder before hearing the childish and playful tones of Ranpo say to the detectives, "I highly doubt he's dead, she's one of our detectives.  She can stay."

The Detectives were about to object until someone yelled from behind, "We caught something in the net!  It looks like a male body!"

(Y/n) stilled and she looked to the commotion with worry in her eyes.  Atsushi followed her to the net before the form of Dazai was revealed tangled in the net. "Ah, Atsushi-kun! And (Y/n)-chan! What are you two doing together! Oh, why are you crying! Atsushi, what did you do to her!"

She dropped Atsushi's hand and wiped away her stray tears before calmly walking towards the man hanging in the net. Ranpo deftly explained, "He's one of you detectives too, but not for long. I deduce his life will end in the next few minutes at the hands of our newest coworker."

The police all reacted to his words and stepped away from her as she walked towards the man who happily said, "You look beautiful even upside down."

She smiled darkly at the man before squatting to be eye-level with the hanged man and before she calmly asked, "What the hell do you think you're doing?" 

He then naturally said, "I was drifting down the river. Hey, can you help me down? I can't really move in these nets..."

(Y/n) simply smiled brightly before standing up again and bringing a fist back to prepare a powerful punch.