"Oh get a room." Sam said as he threw a pillow at us. I laughed and rolled off of Matt as he threw the pillow at Sam's head. We all sat there watching TV when the bell rang. Matt got up to go get it. Sam, Carter and I sat there listening intently like any normal person would when the bell rings and you don't know who it is. 

Matt opened the door. Silence.

"Um." I heard Matt's voice. I glanced at Sam. He shook his head is if to say he didn't know what was going on any more than I did.

"Is Nicole here?" i heard Jake's voice. Oh God. This is awkward. Really awkward. And I'm not even part of the conversation yet. Seconds later Jake walks into the room followed by a very uncomfortable Matt. I stood up and walked towards Jake.

"What's up?" I asked quietly - aware that the entire room was extremely tense.

"I think you took my phone." Jake said quietly, holding out my own phone. I took the iPhone out of my pocket and turned on the screen. It was a Manchester United banner. Damn - I must have taken Jake's phone on accident. I handed him his phone and he gave me mine. He glanced momentarily at Sam and Carter. He nodded at me and then turned and left. I followed him out, leaving the boys in the family room - still stunned. 

"Sorry about that," I said holding up my phone.

"No," he paused. "it's okay." He shook his head. Anyway, I'm going to a party so I'll be home late. I nodded. 

"Bye Jake," I said as he walked out the front door.

"Later Nicki." he said.

I walked back into the family room silently.

"Well that was awkward." Carter broke the silence. I laughed and so did Matt and Sam. Good, everything back to normal - or normaler than before. If that's a word. Sam got up and went to the fridge. He came back with a six-pack of beer. He took one and put the rest on the table. Matt grabbed for one and so did Carter. 

'Here." Carter said handing me a bottle. I reached for it -

"She's not allowed." Matt said shoving the bottle back into Carter's hand.

"Do you see parents?" Carter asked rehtorically.

"I mean by me you dumbass." Matt rolled his eyes at Carter. Carter didn't push the matter further. I just sighed. Can't say I can blame him - my last encounter with alcohol didn't end well. I leaned against Matt's shoulder and we watched a football game. 

"Ugh can't we change this?" i begged.

"Hah no." Sam said. Matt grinned.

"Longhorns are playing - Sam would die if he missed a game." Matt explained. I rolled my eyes.

"You boys and your sports." I sighed. 

Suddenly Sam and Carter jump up in excitement.

"Go go go!" Sam yells at the TV. I see a guy in orange running down the field.

"Gooooo!" Sam yells again. 

"Yes!" he exclaims, throwing his hands in the air. His hand knocked into the beer bottle in Carter's hand and just my luck, it all landed on me!

I don't know how Matt didn't get soaked and this is what annoyed me the most. Matt started to laugh. Carter and Sam stared at me stunned, waiting for me to flip out at them. 

"Ohmygod I'm so sorry!" Carter said.

"Sorry - sorry - sorry," Sam repeated.

"It's okay, honestly." I insisted.