Chapter 11

After Kristen left I headed to the kitchen to get something to eat. While I was taking out some left over pizza I noticed the phone light was signaling a voicemail had been left. I pressed the button;

"Jake, Nicki... Is anyone home?" i heard my mom's voice asking. "Okay, well just so you two know, you're father and I had to go on a trip to the east coast - work crisis, we will be back in a couple days, money is in the drawer, call if you need anything." there was a pause and I was about to turn off the recording when I heard, "Oh and Jake, make sure your sister doesn't get into any trouble." my mom added. I smashed my finger on the off button. Really mom? Like really? She knew I would hear that! Jeez! I ignored it and angrily started chomping down on cold pizza. Three slices later I was back upstairs doing homework. 

What a fun life I know. Ugh I so don't care what the molecular structure of a carbon atom is! I decide to go downstairs and watch TV. The second I plop down on the couch with the remote I hear the garage door open. I wait for Jake to walk in - he's not alone. 

"I'll be right up." I hear him tell someone. I heard a gross girlish giggle and light footsteps up the stairs. Jake walked into the family room.

"Who's this one?" I asked with a knowing look. 

"Michelle." Jake said without a second thought. He grabbed a slice of pizza and sat next to me dropping his phone on the couch as well.

"Don't you have some - hmm - business to attend to?" I asked, leaning back on the couch.

"Ahh she can wait." he said.

"I don't get it Jake. You don't want me to have a boyfriend but you can have a million girlfriends." I said to him.

"If anything, you're exactly how Matt used to be." I continued, waiting for his reaction.

"That's the problem! Your boyfriend is too much like me." he paused, "No one just changes." He said, getting up from the couch without another look and disappearing up the stairs. Matt's not a player! He can't be. Ugh whatever!

Ten minutes later I was still watching TV but then some disturbing noises started to come from upstairs. Groans. Moans. Holy crap I didn't listen for any more before I grabbed my phone and ran out the door. Before, when Jake used to have his 'play dates' I would drive on over to Kristen's house. But now I don't have a car. But I do have Matt. 

Seconds later I reached Matt's. I rang the doorbell.

"Hey neighbor." Matt said when he opened the door. Oh he was too cute. His black hair was even more messed up because he had just come back from practice and his green eyes seemed tired but still happy.

"Hey." I said.

"What brings you over to this neck of the woods?" Matt asked.

"Jake and his friend are filling up the house with unpleasant sounds." I said with disgust. 

"Ahh say no more." Matt laughed, pulling me through the door.

"Nicole!" I heard people yell in unision from the next room. I followed Matt into the family room where I met blonde-haired blue-eyed Sam smiling at me with Carter's black haired-brown eyes contrast right next to him.

"Hey guys. What are ya up to?" I asked.

"TV - join the party." Carter said patting down the spot next to him. I started walking to sit down when I pulled back by Matt and landed on top of him on another couch.

"I didn't mean for this to happen." he said referring to the dramatic way at which I ended up on him. I grinned. 

"But while we're here -" Matt said, pulling my face down to his and kissing me.