Chapter 20

Ryan took me home and kissed me goodnight but I could tell that he knew that something was wrong. I gave him a small wave and he drove off. As I was opening the door to my house I saw a car pulling up to my driveway. I turned and saw Jake stumbling out.

"Later Evan." he said, turning and walking in a very unbalanced manner, towards me.

"Hey Jake." I sighed, walking towards him. He didn't say anything but swung his arm around my shoulder. I helped him in the house and heard Evan driving off. 

"Had a bit too much to drink?" I asked, feeling his heavy weight as I helped him up the stairs. He didn't answer me.

"I didn't have sex with Ryan." I sighed, giving in to my brother's silent treatment.

"Yes you did." he said, sleepily. I shook my head.

"No I didn't. I just said I did to piss Matt off." I said sadly.

"Oh." he said. We reached his room. He went in and closed the door behind him. I went to my room.

Matt said I was a whore. He said I was mean. I couldn't get his disappointed face out of my mind. He didn't love me anymore. He didn't love me anymore. He didn't love me anymore.

This was my fault. i did this to myself. I have to fix it. And then I fell asleep.

I woke up at 10 the next morning. I went downstairs to get some breakfast. The house felt empty. I had no idea where my parents were and Jake was probably still passed out in his room. My phone vibrated. 

Pick you up in 10 min? -Ryan

I replied with a simple 'sure.' Right on time he showed up. I smiled and got into his car, and we had a great day - but he still wasn't Matt.

The next day I went to school. My alarm went off and I was excited. Why, you ask, was I excited? Because school meant I could see Matt. Even if all he would do was glare at me or refuse to look at me. I could still see his dark hair and green eyes. I could still hear his voice.

When I reached school I saw Sam walking towards me. Jake noticed this but didn't say anything, he just walked off once Sam approached. 

"Can I talk to you?" Sam asked.

"You already are." I pointed out glumly. He smiled at my comment.

"About Kristen." he said.

"What about her?" I asked.

"Is there someone else?" he asked. I stared at him. I thought boys were stupid. How did he pick up on that so fast? 

"Not that I know of." I lied. He nodded.

"I know I should be asking her that, but I just felt like something was off." he said.

"Don't worry about it." I shook my head. He nodded and we walked to the building. I saw Matt.

Do you remember how I said I was excited to see him. Well what I saw I didn't want to see. He was flirting with two girls, and one of them was sucking on his neck every few second. I turned my head away and I knew Sam noticed. Thankfully he didn't say anything. The Sam and I parted ways.

"Kristen, don't lead him on." I said, the second I found her.

"You're one to talk." she said quietly. The girl had a point.

"Sam asked me if you were with another guy." I said, ignoring her statement. She looked sad, but didn't say anything.

"I don't know what to do. Should I get Jake to tell you himself that he doesn't like you like that? You have to get over him - this has gone on forever." I said. She shook her head violently.