Chapter fourteen

"Let us flip the coin and see. Head, I am yours. Tail, you are mine. So, we won't lose"-Anonymous

Lavender was currently packing her bag for the big field trip. She had waited a long time for this and finally, tomorrow is the day. She didn't know what to pack and she wanted to make sure she wasn't over packing or under packing. So Martha being the absolute sweetheart that she is, helped the clueless girl pack all the necessities. Lavender also got a new package from her mom, it was filled with clothes suitable for her short trip. Lavender never asked for them but her mom knew how much Lavender loved her taste in clothing and decided to gift her a few pieces every month.

They truly were beautiful, it almost made her not want to bring it to the trip afraid it'll get ruined but then she remembered that she is fortunate enough to have such a loving and successful mother who ships her clothes from all around the world so she didn't have to worry about it. Lavender was truly grateful. Of course to some, it was quite excessive and unnecessary but in a way it was also one of the only thing Lavender and her mom enjoyed a common interest. Getting sent clothes also means Lavender has to take a short trip to the donations office to donate her old ones.

She sighed once she finally zipped her small luggage up. "Oh darling, what am I going to do without you for a whooping five days?" Martha took her arms gently and rubbed circles on them lovingly.

Smiling she softly said, "C-come on Martha, don't be sad.. you can finally rest and have a spa day with all your friends or even go on a little vacation yourself!"

"Oh I know, but with you here it's already like I'm on vacation. Come to think of it I think I'm going to have to plan lots of bingo trips whilst your away to really pass time." She grinned. Lavender giggled and leaned in to give her a warm hug.

"I'm g-going to miss you." She pouted, her voice muffled as she laid her head on Martha's shoulder.

Martha seemed to understand her and said, "It's like you said darling, only five days."

"I know but I'll still m-miss you." She whispers softly.

"Me too honey, me too." Martha sighs rubbing her back.

*******************************

It was early in the morning but Lavender was already up, her excitement didn't let her get a good night sleep, luckily she already took plenty of naps the day before, drank plenty of water and used some night under-eye masks so her dark circles weren't visible. She got up and proceeded to head towards the bathroom to get ready for the day. She took a quick little shower since she'd already took a head bath yesterday, brushed her teeth and washed her face. When she got out, she headed to her vanity and started applying light makeup which consisted of concealer, power and mascara. Lavender decided to leave her hair straight as it was already as good as it could get and went to try on the outfit she planned out the night before. Her outfit consisted of a simple white halter neck romper that are loose on the legs and some basic white sneakers.

She knew she might be too overdressed due to the design but this was all she had that are appropriate for the occasion to and would let her do activities freely in. She pouted looking at the time on her phone. She didn't want to be late but at the same time it was still too early to be at school.

Contemplating whether or not she should ring up Orion, she decided it'll be best not to. What if he's sleeping? She thought. Lavender definitely didn't want to disturb him. So, with still having lots of free time left she decided to bake something for the trip, it'd have to be easy and quick. The first thing that popped in her mind were cupcakes. She was already skilled at making them in less than fifteen minutes and baking them would only take twenty. The cupcakes will also have time to cool off. This was perfect, she thought.