Chapter one

"A real man can't stand seeing his woman hurt. He's careful with his decision and actions, so he never has to be responsible for her pain."-anonymous

The gentle chirping sound of the alarm woke Lavender up from her peaceful sleep. Shifting under the covers of her bed, blinking her eyes to adjust to the shimmering morning light peeping through the window, she turns to see the time on her night stand. It was 6:30 am, and she was ready to get out of bed.

Adjusting her silky pajama gown, she got up to take a shower and get ready for her first day of school. She had been home schooled for the past seven years because of her parents business work, which required traveling around the world. But this year she wanted to experience the last year of high school in her hometown in, Pennsylvania.

Cassidy, her mother was not keen on leaving her daughter alone for a whole year with only a nanny. Yes a nanny, even though Lavender was almost seventeen years old.

Lavenders parents have always treated her like a child and kept her away from people of her own age, claiming that they'll be a "bad influence" to her beautiful yet, innocent nature. Hence her lack of confidence and social skills. The girl has always been a shy introvert. So, going to her first ever high school was nerve racking not only for her but, her parents as well.

Getting her parents to agree, was a huge mission which involved a lot of begging, crying, and puppy eyes. You can only imagine the happiness shining through her eyes when her parents finally agreed.

So here she is coming out of the shower and putting on the clothes laid out by her the night before. She wanted to make an impression on her first day in hopes of getting friends. So, she chose a bright yellow wrap dress that goes till her mid-thigh, white sneakers and her delicate rose-gold locket her parents gifted her on her flight to Pennsylvania. You best believed she cried the whole way back, and the two weeks she had been home, knowing she'll miss them dearly.

She applied a small amount of makeup, perfume and kept her hair as it is. When she was done getting ready, she went downstairs and was greeted by her nanny, Martha.

"Good morning Lavender, did you sleep well?" Martha was an old soul that reminded Lavender so much of her grandmother. She was always there for Lavender whenever her parents weren't around and have always given Lavender the best advices in life.

"I slept very well, thank you. What about you?" Lavender replied in the softest and most polite voice you can imagine.

"I slept well too dear, I made you your favorite waffles for breakfast."

Blush coated on Lavender's cheeks for the effort Martha put into for her favorite meal. "Thank you Martha, but you didn't have to go through that trouble." She said softly portraying her gratitude.

Martha knew Lavender was very grateful from the way she was eyeing the waffles on the table. She knew that she would've been happy with a granola bar from the pantry. Even though she worked for Lavender for years, she was still amazed by her politeness.

"I know dear but anything for you, now hurry up before you're late to school."

The girl nodded and went straight to eating her delicious meal. When she was done, Martha dropped her off to school since lavender does not know how to drive.

Upon entering the school gate she rushed towards the entrance, wanting to escape from the curious gaze of her peers. Maybe wearing a bright yellow dress wasn't the best option.

Since lavender had already been given a tour of the school, she knew where all of her classes were and went straight to her first period, history.